Listed here are a few sample solos composed with the aid of Impro-Visor. Most are written by humans, but some contain trading with Impro-Visor or entire choruses composed by Impro-Visor without human intervention. Each has a manuscript composed of Impro-Visor screen shots and a MIDI file that will play when you open the page. (To silence playback, hit the pause button at the bottom.) Impro-Visor would track the position within the leadsheet as the solos are being played, but we don't have this kind of animation on the web.
The leadsheet files for most solos can be found in the leadsheets directory of the latest release.
· 12-Bar Blues in F (66 consecutive choruses improvised in real-time by Impro-Visor, without human intervention)
· Anthropology (Charlie Parker)
· Laird Baird (Charlie Parker)
· Now's The Time (Clifford Brown)
· Now's The Time (Charlie Parker)
· Picadilly Lilly (Dave Liebman)
· Yardbird Suite (Charlie Parker)
Here are a few exercises constructed using Impro-Visor.
Here are a few bass lines constructed using Impro-Visor.
Most of the printed solos have Impro-Visor's note coloration feature turned on. This is an instructional option in Impro-Visor, which differentiates notes, in this case as follows:
Black: Chord tones
Green: Color tones (consonant tones in chord extensions)
Blue: Approach tones to chord or color tones
Red: All others
These are designed to help someone writing a solo discern how well a note will sound over a given chord.