Subject: Guidelines for CS 121 Final Presentations

From: [email-masked] (Bob Keller)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:48:47 -0700 (PDT)

Guidelines for CS 121 Final Presentations

Each team will have nominally 25 mins in which to present and answer questions
about their project.  Each team member should speak, ideally about the same
amount of time per member.

Please follow these guidelines, using this as a checklist:

    (3 mins) Transition and setup.

    (3 mins) Brief review of your product definition, intended users, etc.

        Speak as if you are presenting it to a fresh audience who has not 
        heard all of the interim presentations.

    (3 mins) Demonstration of your product.

    (1 min) Summary of the release state of your software (e.g. how can it be 
        downloaded and/or used in its current form?).

    (2 mins) Brief summary of final use cases (number, and a typical one), and 
        qualitative comparison overall with original conception.

    (3 mins) Brief summary of design, and qualitative comparison with 
        original design.

    (2 mins) Actual work breakdown, plan, and development method
        (including personnel assignments), and qualitative comparison with 
        original statements.  

    (2 mins) Summary of your testing process and its outcomes, including 
        mention of any known errors.

    (2 mins) Things you learned from the course materials that were the
        most useful in the project.

    (2 mins) Most important things outside of the course materials
        that you learned during the project.

    (2 mins)
        Brief walkthrough of your wiki site, indicating what is there.

All material should be accessible from your wiki site when you present.
It should stay there after you leave.

Thanks.

Bob

-- 
Robert M. Keller, Csilla and Walt Foley Professor of Computer Science
Harvey Mudd College   1250 Dartmouth Avenue   Claremont, CA 91711 USA
[email-masked]     www.cs.hmc.edu/~keller    909-621-8483 or -8225