|Version 12 (modified by jelinson, 3 years ago) (diff)|
Hello everyone! We're the Michigan Technology team (MI-Tech) and we have been working over the past several weeks to create the game called TechTrek for you.
This blog that we're writing here is our way to talk to you and tell you about how the project is going and what we are working on each week. We have four team members working on the project (Julius, Michael, Rebecca, and Erin) and we can't wait to see what you all make of our game. Just click on our names to see a little bit about that team member.
We've working on this game, but so far we've done very little coding. A lot of planning has to go into the game before we can even begin working on it. That would be like trying to bake a seven layer cake without using a pan to form each layer. We might be able to make the cake, but it will take a long time and it will look like a mess. To make sure our cake is top notch, we've spent the last several weeks designing how the game will work, trying ideas out, and then changing our design.
This week we got what you had to say about the game. Thanks for all the great feedback! We started on the game this week but first we needed to decide on the look. We have not made the map yet because "when you add a building, one does not simply add a building!"
What things would you like the map to have? For example would you be able to zoom?
What else do you want to be able to see other than the map, stats and menu?
What would you like the aliens to look like and when would you want to see them?
- MI-Tech Team
Hey everybody! This week we were busy working on the User Interface for the game. The user interface is what you'll see when you play the game. We had a group of middle schoolers come and test out what we had so far. They really liked the game and we got lots of great feedback to make it even better for you guys. We also added pictures of the village to our game so that when you build something you will be able to see it in the alien village. We've also been working on the art for the game. Here are some aliens we're working on and even some alien dogs. Hope you like them!
- MI-Tech Team
Hi Guys! This week we have been busy working on our alpha release. This is the first version of the game that you will get to play. We've been having so much fun working on the game that we ended up doing way more than we planned! That means there are lots of great features for you to see. We also tried really hard to add in the things you said you wanted to see in the game. There is still so much to add so we'd love to hear any other things you think should be in the game. Here are some pictures of the game. We hope you enjoy it as much as we are enjoying making it!
- MI-Tech Team
This past week was our spring break and we all got some much needed rest. But we're very excited to resume work on the game as go into what's called the beta release (like a second draft). And admittedly, we did a good amount of work over break, too. Most recently, we've been working on a presentation that we will be giving tomorrow. In fact, we will be recording the presentation and sending it to you so you can watch it -- isn't that cool? As you'll see, we explain a little bit about the process of making the game and then demo it for you, so you can see some of its features in action. While we don't have any new cool images to post (most of the changes we did were what's called back-end, which means you, the player, don't really get to see them—it's like the magic behind the scene), we hope the recording of the presentation will be enjoyable and entertaining.
By the way, when is your spring break? We may or may not be throwing around the idea of treating your class to a pizza party...
- intro.png (100.2 KB) - added by rthomas 3 years ago.
- main.png (116.7 KB) - added by rthomas 3 years ago.
- train.png (121.0 KB) - added by rthomas 3 years ago.
- alien-01.jpg (103.3 KB) - added by rthomas 3 years ago.
- alien-02.jpg (92.0 KB) - added by rthomas 3 years ago.
- dog.jpg (72.7 KB) - added by rthomas 3 years ago.
- alpha1.png (343.5 KB) - added by rthomas 3 years ago.
- alpha1.2.png (255.5 KB) - added by rthomas 3 years ago.
- alpha2.png (174.9 KB) - added by rthomas 3 years ago.
- alpha3.png (172.2 KB) - added by rthomas 3 years ago.
- 3.26.PNG (347.5 KB) - added by jelinson 3 years ago.
- 4.3.1.PNG (1.2 MB) - added by mmorton 3 years ago.
- 4.3.2.PNG (1.1 MB) - added by mmorton 3 years ago.
- 4.9.1.png (652.8 KB) - added by rthomas 3 years ago.
- 4.9.2.png (817.9 KB) - added by rthomas 3 years ago.
- 4.9.3.png (688.2 KB) - added by rthomas 3 years ago.
- interactive.jpg (162.8 KB) - added by jelinson 3 years ago.
- tutorial.jpg (211.8 KB) - added by jelinson 3 years ago.
- tutorial_windmil.jpg (234.4 KB) - added by jelinson 3 years ago.