A professor in the HumDepartment
His focus is in environment, politics, and public speaking.
He expects his students to do the reading, and assigns alot of it. He also expects his students to write excellent papers with coherent thoughts and well researched positions. His classes will require a significant amount of effort and time.
- In my opinion, they will also be some of the greatest hum classes you will ever take -- MichaelBraly
Taught "Political Analysis" as a Hum2, then revamped it and now teaches it as a Hum1.
Taught "Tropical Forests: Policy and Practice" in Fall 2006 amongst other things.
Teaches an IE called "Public Speaking for Science and Citizenship" on a fairly regular basis that counts as a politics class (distribution 3).
- Biologists have it easy. They don't have to deal with a bear standing up in the back row and saying, "Well, that's not MY feeding patterns!"
- Environment is hot and sexy again!
- Is that Mussolini? It is Mussolini. Handsome devil, isn't he?
- I don't understand the Grateful Dead. Now the Pitzer students are going to be mad at me. Oh, but that's encouraging stereotypes...
- In this class you learn so many things! Like who to fuck with and who not to fuck with!
- That study was, like, SO not double blind!
- Kramer - watch the video of Thomas and imitate his vocal tone. Thomas... be as attractive as Kramer. I can't believe I just said that.
- Thomas came to the next class in a suit. Prof. Steinberg had to leave the room and crack up.
- Remember that, and do it always. If you don't, I will find you and kill you wherever you are.
- Next time, I'm going to be much more of a Nazi - (short awkward pause) - much stricter about time limits.
- I swear, if you ever use the word "dwindle" in a one-on-one conversation with me, I will kick you out of my office.
- Children have blood in their lead...