Recycle in Blue Recycle Containers
(Last updated: 9/15/2004):
- Aerosol Cans (empty only)
- Aluminum & Tin cans
- Cereal boxes (without linings)
- Computer & Ledger Paper
- Drink Boxes
- Egg Cartons (all types)
- Glass Bottles and Jars (lids off)
- Juice Cartons
- Junk Mail & Brochures
- Milk Cartons
- Plastic Bottles & Containers (#1 & 2)
- Plastic bags & Wrappings
- Plastic Milk Jugs
- Phone Books
- Wrapping Paper
Things That Were on this wiki node as recyclable but which I don't see in the flyer and hence cannot confirm
- ???Aluminum foil
- ???Foam Cups & Plates
- ???Laundry Bottles (clean)
Stuff you can't recycle
- Food & Liquid Waste
- Trash & Yard Waste
- Waxed & Carbon Paper
- Concrete & Construction Debris
- Dirt & Rocks
- Large Gourds
- Hazardous Waste
- Used Motor Oil
Note: Hazardous Waste, large appliences, and some other things can't be thrown out either. For information on dealing with Hazardous waste go to [HHW-Website].
picks up Mudd's recycling (and the recycling of the other colleges as far as I know).
To ask the city of Claremont about recycling call:
- Pitzer now has a bin for compost. Please use it. Anyone know how we can set something like that up at Platt?
- In East, aluminum cans should go in the special aluminum recycling bins to earn us money.
- Enviro Clubs at the 5-c:
- Eco club meets Monday nights 10-11pm, (upper)Walker Lounge, CMC (as of 9/15/04)
- If you know of any others, please put them up on wiki.
- In the past Huntley has had little bags that you could put used printer cartridges in and drop them in the Claremont Colleges mail to be recycled.(this is different from the US mail (which is where I always put them because I didn't know)). *oops*
- If anyone knows of any other ways things can be recycled that can't be recycled in the blue recycle bins please tell me (and/or put the information on wiki). Thank you so much.