Role Models are people you look up to and in some way try to emulate. I thought it would be neat to see some discussion of our collective role models. I'll start.
- ProfessorWard for all the reasons listed on the page about her, plus the fact that she's generally incredibly smart, organized, and totally kickass.
- The PowerPuffGirls No, seriously. Where else can you see totally fearless, kickass female characters on TV (with the possible exception of Buffy the Vampire Slayer?) That's what I thought. They're in kindergarten, and they fight crime. How cool is that?
- RichardFeynman? because he was really good at physics, and had lots of fun with life. (For a better idea of what I'm talking about, read his memoirs, "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman") This probably NeedsRewriting.
- Bean, from Ender's Foo / Shadow Foo. He's got all the talents I wish I had, and close to the same outlook on life as me, so it seems reasonable. I actually wrote one of my essays to get into Mudd on this topic. Not a very *good* one, predictably, but still... - AdamField
- Jason Bourne (from TheBourneIdentity? and TheBourneSupremacy? movies). Pure, distilled competence. Doesn't bitch or moan about the raw deal life is handing him, nor freak out when someone tries to mess with him. He's programmed to do exactly what he has to do. Most of us could use a little less freaking out and a little more awesome in our lives