Died/graduated in 2008, moved to Boston, and began working for a program called the MATCH Corps, where she stays up insanely late planning AP Calculus tutorial lessons, grading insane amounts of AP Calculus homework, and occasionally just plain procrastinating.
Now is working for the MATCH school, writing their math curriculum. This entails staying up insanely late planning 6th and 7th grade math courses and tutorials, writing a lot of math problems, and basically having more power over what kids learn than any twenty-three-year-old probably should.
Frequently misses Mudd, leading to occurrences such as emails to Schmack, editing of funwiki pages, and staying up until very late hours (Eastern time) to talk to people who still live in CA or elsewhere on the West Coast.
I've decided to start using this page to make lists of things, because lists are fun and I have a couple I want to share with the world. Or, at least, this webpage. And, since lists are epically awesome, this is going to be a list of lists.
- Things I Want To Tell My Roommates About Cleaning Things
- I'll cut you a deal. I'll start cleaning the bathroom when you stop puking in it during your drunken revelry on school nights.
- How about we clean things in proportion with how much we use them. I work twelve hours most days, so I'm never home. You guys work from home. Do the math.
- When you guys stop playing loud music and running around yelling outside my door at 3:30 AM, I'll start cleaning regularly.
- Things I Miss About Living In A Dorm
- Reasonable quiet hours.
- The ability to enforce quiet hours.
- Not having to clean up after people who are obnoxious.
- Not having to clean in general.
- Crappy Movies That Make Me Feel Inordinately Awesome
- Legally Blonde
- Miss Congeniality
- Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse
- The Devil Wears Prada
- Most chick flicks, actually, so I don't know why I'm listing them all separately
A former MathMajor
who lived in South and used to tell this one joke about these two muffins...
- Oh no! You don't tell that joke anymore? :(
So this one joke is sitting there, all lonely and such, and says "I wish there were another joke here..." and then does a double-take and says "OH MY GOD, I'M A TALKING JOKE!"
- So these zero jokes are sitting there, doubly lonely and so on, and none of them say "I wish there were jokes here," and then none of them say "OH MY <null>, A <null> <null>!!!!!"
- So these two muffins are sitting in the lounge, and one says "That's what she said!" and the other says "ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!"
Is known for giving her phone number out to frosh.
Sara's Reading List: Feel free to add to this list, but try to either stick to fantasy/scifi, or make a new list so I can keep track of what's what. Note: This list is not in any particular order.
- Author (Work)
- Jack McDevitt?
- CJ Cherryh (Foreigner series)
- guy who wrote Tarzan (Mars series)
- Vernor Vinge (Fire on the Deep; Deepness in the Sky)
- Neal Stephenson (Anathem; Snow Crash; Baroque Cycle)
- Terry Pratchett (Guards! Guards!)
- Robin Hobb (Soldier Son trilogy)
- David Eddings (Belgariad and Mallorean series)
- Peter S. Beagle
- Jonathan Carroll (Land of Laughs)
- Anne Bishop
- Diana Wynne Jones
- Stephen R. Donaldson (Mordant's Need)
- Russel Kirkpatrick
- Heinlein (Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
- Joe Abercrombie
- Book/Series? (Author)
- Artemis Fowl
- Black Company series (Glen Cook)
- Wayfarer Redemption series (Sara Douglas)
- Death Gate Cycle (Weis and Hickman)
- Old Man's War
- Song of Ice and Fire (Martin)
- Hyperion (Simmons)
- Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell
- Kushiel's Dart
- Dune - Herbert
- Xanth series (Anthony)
- Dresden Files (Butcher)
- Codex Alera (Butcher)
- Wizard of Earthsea (Le Guin)
- Perdido Street Station (Mieville)
- House of Leaves (Danielewski)
- Otherland (Williams)
- Dark Tower series (King)
- Neuromancer (Gibson)
- The Darkness that Comes Before (Bakker)
- The Eyre Affair (Fforde)
- Sword of Shannara
- The Algebraist (Banks)
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- The Crooked Letter (Sean Williams)