CS Clinic guidelines
You should spend 10 hours per week on clinic. Some weeks are heavier; others
Some teams have split the group meetings 3/3 instead of 4/2, depending on
- ½ hour updating and planning (in your work log)
- ½ hour for a phone call with the liaison
- 1 hour for the weekly clinic meeting on Tuesdays @ 11am
- 4 hours for a BIG group work-meeting each week
- 2 hours for a small group work-meeting each week
- 2 hours on your own work each week
Grades in clinic
handbook covers this well. The grades are, in fact, determined by
the full department, with much of the weight from the adivsor and the
clinic director, as you'd expect.
Here's a less-formal, but still pretty accurate, guide:
- There is no E.
Open-ended. New. CS. What's not to love?
Yes, clinic is a challenge, but it's one that the department hopes
-- and I hope -- you'll really enjoy! More than many college classes,
the clinic project is yours.