Steph made several updates to the wandering algorithm.
- The robot now has IR sensors as well as sonar, and uses them to detect walls.
- If any sensor finds that the robot is going to run into a wall, the robot goes
into emergency behavior.
- The robot is capable of using line fit methods to determine whether or not it is
following a real wall, but we do not yet use these methods in wandering.
- When the robot takes a sonar reading, it also checks the IR sensors and camera.
- The robot sends information about its progress to the mapping program. Every time it
stops, starts, or turns, it sends movement and sensor data.
Whenver the camera sees a landmark, it sends movement data, sensor data, and landmark data.