Solutions to known problems installing Envision or Scheme48: If your
problem isn't on this list, send us mail and, if you managed to
correct the problem, how you did it.
- When starting coprocessor from inside Envision,
fails claiming it can't find an 8-bit pseudo color visual.
- Your screen is probably deeper than 8-bit. Under X, a screen
can support multiple visuals and one would expect a deep screen
(e.g. 16-bit) to also offer 8-bit visuals. However,
under linux, this doesn't seem to work properly. Try running your
display in 8-bit mode.
- Scheme48 socket code doesn't work under IBM AIX, and other
- AIX is non-compliant. We don't know a nice way around this
and we no longer have access to an AIX machine.
Michael Sperber (firstname.lastname@example.org) thinks he
might know how to make it work.
- The scheme48 socket code doesn't work under Solaris because
- This apparently happens on some Solaris systems, but not others.
We don't know why. A patch from
Henry Cejtin (email@example.com) is to set the environment variable
ac_cv_func_dlopen to `no' before running configure. This makes scheme48
use nlist rather than dlsym. This patch isn't ideal, as it disables
dynamic loading and means you can't strip the executable.
Ownership, Maintenance and Disclaimers
Manual Top Page