This is a highly addicting game which is being played with shocking frequency in the lounge this year. Its catchy beats and overly efficient manner at allowing its participants to not do any kind of work has made it a favorite of many.
The concept of the game is simple: step on these arrow things on this pad thing in rhythm to some sort of pulsating techno soundtrack, which will likely get stuck in the heads of its participants for many, many days. Woe to those who just throught they could come into the lounge and chat while DanceDanceRevolution is being played. Nay, they shall leave with visions of phonebots and throbbing beats alive in their brains.
Look for the addicts - they make the queue long and the hours they [sleep short].
- CLoA: Singles: Sakura, Heavy (10); Doubles: So Deep, Heavy (9)
- CLoA: AA on I Like to Move It, Heavy (7 feet); B on Max 300, Standard (8 feet); D on My Summer Love, Heavy (9 feet); sight reading Kakumei, Heavy (9 feet); much awesomeness on StepMania (including a AA on Sakura, Heavy (10 feet)--see also HighScore
- I need an alarm that goes off in my apartment whenever people start playing at East. Stupid living off-campus.....
- We need lounge term to come back.
- I was thinking maybe a lounge phone. That could be kind of fun. It'd make calling out for food easier as well as trying to find people or games.--Dan
- CLoA: Single: 8 feet; B on Spin the Disc (8 feet), and slowly working onto CataList. Double: 6 feet; A on Candy* (standard).
- CLoA: 7-8 feet. C on Spin the Disc, D on Lovin' You and In the Navy (heavy; 8 feet). A on Kind Lady (heavy; 7 feet). B on Kind Lady (Challenge; 8 feet).
- CLoA: 7-9 feet. C on Drifting Away (heavy; 8 feet). C on Era (heavy; 8 feet). C on Max 300 (standard; 8 feet). C on After All (heavy; 9 feet (bmr); 2x speed mod). B on Maxx Unlimited (light; 6 feet). See also CataList.
- (it's sad I'm out of shape and slow on the read conpared to right before my frosh year. It's sadder I can still do some 10-foot songs, and still pine for doubles....)
- ~6 feet, standard. Sometimes, on heavy too.
- While I can't play this in the lounge, I do own my own copy. CLoA: 4-5 feet. I can sight-read most (all?) light songs in Max 2, AA Days Go By on easy (4 feet), can pass In the Navy '99 on standard (6 feet).
- CLoA: About 6-7 feet in StepMania, 5-6 in DDR (not consistently). Loves the songs and will hum them for days, but can't get the feet to match up. Still can't do crossovers, but is eager to learn how. Occasional bouts of arrow dyslexia. Often times own movements to Romance no Kamisama when walking to class.
- CLoA: 9 feet "with my feetsies" single, 7-9 doubles, 8-9 solo, 2-4 couple. Survived over an hour of Endless Heavy all songs, completing 42 stages. See also CataList/MikeBuchanan .
- A lot of players play StepMania with a dancepad, but still refer to it as DDR, as a semi-inaccurate way to saying "with my feetsies." A lot of my cleared songs don't even exist on American mixes and StepMania files are the only way I ever could have been to exposed to them. God bless StepMania.
- The problem with commenting on frequently updated text is comments may not make sense in the future.
- CLoA: 7-8 feet generally. So far My Summer Love is my only Cata on feet although i've passed all of the 9 foot and most of the 10 foot songs with my fingers.
- I'll try any song (once). I love doing just about anything with double mode! My favorite. I'm out of practice, though.
Nominations for the Wrongest Song Evar Award:
. . . because there's actually competition.
- Captain Jack, Little Boy - Boy on Boy Mix (Arcade 7th Mix)
- Captain Jack, In the Navy '99
- Most anything by Captain Jack, really.
- DJ Aligator Project, The Whistle Song (aka Stumpy's Theme)
- How in heaven's name did I forget this one?? *has his vote decided*
- DJ-AC-DC, Neverending Story (Arcade 5th Mix) (your first guess would be right)
- Anything by E-rotic (Do it all Night, Oh Nick Please Not So Quick, Temple of Love)
- "Oh Nick Please Not So Quick" has my vote forevar. Really people, how can you honestly compete with "Oh Nick please not so quick, you know I like it big, I want to feel you forever, stay in me forever!" -HilaryDavidson
- No. 9, End of the Century (Arcade 7th Mix) (aka the Beethoven's 9th Symphony Techno Remix)
- Rose, Speed Over Beethoven (Arcade 8th Mix) (aka Stems Stems Revolution)
- Silent Hill
- U1, Make a Jam! (Arcade 2nd Mix) (aka Boom-Shaka-What?!)
- Smile.dk, Petit Love ("4th Plus")