The other 'c' was lost in a HistoricTypo.
Duties of the recyler
- Maintenance of the recyling containers:
- Keep recycling boxes or bins in the lounge and in second-floor backhall. Label them so that people know what goes where. If you need new boxes, try the big recycling dumpsters across the street at Scripps or in the Libra complex loading bay (both are off 12th street).
- When these bins get full, empty them into the grey city recycling bin.
- When the big grey bin gets full, take it from its home at the bottom of the stairs to the StolleHouse? parking lot, and bring back and empty one.
- Aluminum recycling:
- Keep aluminum cans separate from the rest of the recycling. When the aluminum bins are full, bag up the cans and put them in EdcStorage (if you leave them outside the storeroom, an EDC ossifer will put them inside later).
- About once a semester, find someone with a big car or truck and take the cans to be recycled. The driver gets 10% of the proceeds, and the rest goes to EastDormConcessions to subsidize the vending machines. The recycling place is just off-campus at
A-1 Upland Recycling
1248 W. Ninth Street
The larger goal of the recyler is to keep the dorm clean and waste-free. Be the one person in the dorm who worries about cleanliness and the environment so that others don't have to. Notice when things are messy or wasteful and fix them. Do this quietly and without complaint: the recyler is a humble servant. Get others to help you, but not by whining or ordering. Speak with your actions. "I'm going to clean the lounge this afternoon. Anyone who wants to help, feel free to stop by and lend a hand."
Stuff you can recycle in Blue Recycle Containers
(Last updated: 9/15/2004)
- Aerosol Cans (empty only)
- Aluminum & Tin cans
- Cereal boxes (without linings)
- Computer & Ledger Paper
- Drink Boxes
- Egg Cartons (all types)
- Glass Bottles and Jars (lids off)
- Juice Cartons
- Junk Mail & Brochures
- Milk Cartons
- Plastic Bottles & Containers (#1 & 2)
- Plastic bags & Wrappings
- Plastic Milk Jugs
- Phone Books
- Wrapping Paper
Things That Were on this wiki node as recyclable but which I don't see in the flyer and hence cannot confirm
- ???Aluminum foil
- ???Foam Cups & Plates
- ???Laundry Bottles (clean)
Stuff you can't recycle
- Food & Liquid Waste
- Trash & Yard Waste
- Waxed & Carbon Paper
- Concrete & Construction Debris
- Dirt & Rocks
- Large Gourds
- Hazardous Waste
- Used Motor Oil
- Your RoomMate
Note: Hazardous Waste, large appliences, and some other things can't be thrown out either. For information on dealing with Hazardous waste go to [HHW-Website].
picks up Mudd's recycling (and the recycling of the other colleges as far as I know).
To ask the city of Claremont about recycling call: