This method worked well last year for organizing EastieThanksgiving05
, so we will use it again.
If you are planning to attend, add your name to the list of people planning to attend. If there is some food item (or items) that it just would not be Thanksgiving without, add them to the list of food items requested. If there is some Thanksgiving food that you would like to be in charge of preparing, list it under the claimed food items with your name (on Thanksgiving most everyone helps out in some way - if you do not have something you want to be in charge of you will probably eventually be recruited to help with something).
Note: Two years ago it ended up being ~$15 per person (and the leftovers fed us for the duration of break).
People Attending East Thanksgiving
Food Items Requested
- Main Course
- Side Dish
- Mashed Potatoes
- Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Relish
- Dinner/Crescent? Rolls (Sarah's recipe)
- I also have a good roll recipe I'd love to make if its ok we have two rolls (KaylinSpitz
- Very Sweet Sweet Potatos
- Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Some sort of veggie dish (broccoli?)
- If you cook carrots in cinnamon and sugar and other things, it's very tasty. I can get you a recipe. --SkyeBerghel
- That sounds good, but it would probably be good to make sure that it isn't too similar to whatever "yams" dish people might make, since they often end up with cinnamon and sugar and such.
- I now have the recipe. It involves carrots as a base, butter and water to make tasty things stick to carrots, and honey and cinnamon as tasty things. Any takers?--SkyeBerghel
- Something like green bean casserole might be good, if anyone is inclined to make it. (LeslieMallinger)
- If someone can get me a recipe, I make it. If I can get help (and a burner), I can make that and the carrots at the same time.--SkyeBerghel
- Twice-Baked Potatoes
- (bake potatoes, then carve out the insides, mash and mix with yummy things, stuff back in the skins), I can get a recipe --AlyssaDray
- (More) Pie (Pecan)
- Other Yummies
Claimed Food Items
- Main Course
- Side Dish
- Mashed potatoes and gravy (SaraGussin)
- Cranberry relish (LeslieMallinger)
- This dish is basically fresh cranberries with a little bit of orange. Does it meet the cranberry sauce request, or should someone provide an additional type of cranberry sauce?
- Cranberry Sauce (MorganConbere)
- Sorry, but I need my sauce as well as my relish!
- Very Sweet Sweet Potatos (PhilMiller)
- A class recipe from Eastie Thanksgivings past
- Rolls and Biscuits (AliLee)
- Some help will be needed in forming the crescent rolls, because there's going to need to be a lot of them.
- I'll help with that. (PeterTu)
- If needed I can help too (DanMoore)
- I also have a recipe I'd love to make.
- Cornbread (MartyField)
- Carrots! With Cinnamon! And Honey! (SkyeBerghel)
- Stuffing/Dressing?, because there must be dressing. It will likely be some form of stovetop dressing, if I don't have any help/good recipes. (HannahHoersting)
- Tomato Basil Pasta (NancyEisenmenger)
- Carrot cake, unless there are significant objections (HannahHoersting)
- Chocolate caramel cheescake (AliLee)
- A pumpkin cake (Kelly's mom via mail)
- Chocolate chip vegan cookies (SkyeBerghel)
- Don't worry, non-vegans: I'm not a vegan, and I think these are tasty. They're also heartily endorsed by several of my fellow Memphians.
- 3.14159265358979323846… and even more pie. Apple and pumpkin pie definitely, and possibly strawberry rhubarb if anyone shows a particular interest. JenniferTownsend
People who Want to Help out but aren't attached to anything in Particular
People who Want to Help out but will be on the other Coast of the Country
- RichardBowen (Since from the F.O.R. of California, Denver is the other coast) -- leaving Thanksgiving morning but will be available the previous night for help with prepwork.