Continuing the theme from EastieThanksgiving05
, and EastieThanksgiving10
is proud to present EastieThanksgiving11
, an organizational page for EastieThanksgiving
Thanksgiving is on November 24 this year. If you are planning to attend, please add yourself to the list below. If there is some food item that you think is important for Thanksgiving, add it to the list of requested food items. If you are one of the lucky people who has the ability to prepare food, please list yourself there. If you don't think you have such skills, don't worry. We'll still find something for you to do.
Note: Historically, it's been about $8-$10 per person for EastieThanksgiving, and there are copious quantities of awesome leftovers.
- We have funding from Dean Chris again, so we're hoping not to have to charge anyone for dinner, but save your receipts and get them to SophieWaldman? so you can get reimbursed (sorry, this really should have gone up earlier...).
Note 2: ALLERGY WARNING -- As many of you know, there are people in the dorm with food allergies who will be attending EastieThanksgiving. Therefore if your dish contains any of the following, please either keep it separate from other foods or label it, as indicated below.
- Nuts (including peanuts) -- Keep separate
- Soy -- Label
- Artificial coloring and flavoring and sweetening -- Label
- Hard Boiled Egg Yolk -- Label
- Benzoate based preservatives -- Label
Note 3: VEGETARIANS AND VEGANS -- Vegetarians and vegans are likely to attend. Please clearly label vegetarian and vegan food as such.
- NB: Eggs are vegetarian. Seems like some egg-containing food was labeled un-vegetarian this year...
Organization tips can be found at EastieThanksgiving/Organization (Courtesy of JamesBrown)
People Attending East Thanksgiving (18)
RSVP via students-l (31-32)
- NatePinsky? + guest
- Maybe AndrewWells?
Requested Food Items
- Main Course
- Turkey ---as a note these needs to be purchased this weekend so that they can defrost in time
- Another Tofurkey?
- Mashed Potatoes (vegan version?)
- Stuffing (vegan)
- Cranberry Sauce
Assigned Food Items
- Main Course
- Tofurkey (with giblet gravy) (vegan) -- LizSarapata
- Turkey - DietrichLangenbach and CindyAngpraseuth? (currently in Sontag 207)
- Turkey - DavidScott (currently at Vons, soon to be in East refrigerator)
- Turkey - CalvinLoncaric (currently in East refrigerator)
- Gravy - CindyAngpraseuth?
- Carrots with honey and cinnamon and stuff (vegetarian, unvegan) -- SkyeBerghel
- Green beans with garlic and lemon (safe for virtually anyone) -- SkyeBerghel
- Sweet potatoes or yams and marshmallows -- SophieWaldman?
- Kale salad with red grape halves and toasted hazelnuts in a maple-basalmic dressing -- LizSarapata
- Orange carrot gelatin mold with carrots (possible nuts; artificial coloring and flavoring) -- AllisonMis
- Noodle kugel (vegetarian; contains dairy and egg noodles)--JacobPeacock
- Cranberry Sauce -- DavidKing?
- Stuffing (vegan) -- (assigned to) WendyBrooks and VivianSteyert
- Mashed Potatoes (at least some vegan) -- (assigned to) HelenWoodward and AllieMcDonnell?
- Rolls - SarahLoeb and AnnJohnston
- Macaroni and Cheese - KatarinaHoeger?
- Other sweet potatoes - MichaelMorton?
- Lemonade pie (vegetarian, unvegan, will contain milk, eggs, wheat, artificial flavors, and probably benzoate) -- SkyeBerghel
- Chocolate cake (vegan) (it is also tiny, so this could probably be the dessert for people with dietary restrictions) -- LizSarapata
- Chocolate fondue fountain with fruit (vegan) -- LizSarapata
- Pumpkin Pie and/or pumpkin cheesecake - JenniferShama?
- Trader Joe's apple cider (presumably vegetarian and vegan, but feel free to read the label on the bottle) -- HeatherJustice
- Milk (skim, 2%, and whole) -- AllisonMis
Unassigned People Who Want to Help
People Who Have Borrowable Cooking Supplies
- Pot, pans, utensils, knives, cutting boards, other random assorted things (so long as everything is cleaned this year) -- LucasBrady
- BORROWABLE DISHWASHER: SkyeBerghel, CGU A305B (dishes may come back with hard water marks but will be otherwise unharmed)
People Who Have Borrowable Kitchens
In general, make SURE kitchens are clean and have nothing missing after use.
- Sontag 204 (So long as it is cleaned) -- under authorization of LucasBrady
- John Wentworth -- graduate apartments
- Sontag 207 (also they have one of the turkeys in their refrigerator) -- under authorization of MargaretBrier? and AmandaLemire
- Sontag 201 -- under authorization of JoshOratz --- oven reserved for turkey
- Sontag 102 -- under authorization of WilliamGrabill
- Sontag 103 -- under authorization of JohnBremseth?
- Sontag 106, if not in use by AdamNovak? and company (check Thursday) -- under authorization of AdamNovak?, KatieHawley?, and CurtisHeberle?
- Sontag 108 -- under authorization of RachelSherman? (but should check with rest of suite)
- Sontag 203 -- under authorization of KarenHeinselman, but check with rest of suite if possible and make SURE nothing is missing
- Sontag 202 -- under authorization of JtBooth --- oven reserved for turkey
People Who Can Donate Fridge Space
- (Please list dorm and room number)
- East 102 (WendyBrooks)(not enough for a turkey, but...)