Joint effort this year between East and Sontag!!
Continuing the theme from EastieThanksgiving05, EastieThanksgiving06, EastieThanksgiving07, EastieThanksgiving08, EastieThanksgiving09, EastieThanksgiving10, and EastieThanksgiving11, FunWiki is proud to present EastieThanksgiving12, an organizational page for EastieThanksgiving in 2012.
Thanksgiving is on November 22 this year and our dinner will be held in Sontag Lounge at 5:00 pm. If you are planning to attend, please add yourself to the list below. If there is some food item that you think is important for Thanksgiving, add it to the list of requested food items. If you are one of the lucky people who has the ability to prepare food, please list yourself there. If you don't think you have such skills, don't worry. We'll still find something for you to do.
Note: Historically, it's been about $8-$10 per person for EastieThanksgiving, and there are copious quantities of awesome leftovers. If you are cooking something, buy your own ingredients and turn the receipts into ScottRayerman?. Event attendees will be asked to split the total cost.
Note 2: ALLERGY WARNING -- As many of you know, there are people in the dorm with food allergies who may be attending EastieThanksgiving. Therefore if your dish contains any of the following, please either keep it separate from other foods or label it, as indicated below.
- Nuts (including peanuts) -- Keep separate
- Soy -- Label
- Artificial coloring and flavoring and sweetening -- Label
- Hard Boiled Egg Yolk -- Label
- Benzoate based preservatives -- Label
- Bananas -- Label
Note 3: VEGETARIANS AND VEGANS -- Vegetarians and vegans are likely to attend. Please clearly label vegetarian and vegan food as such. If you are a vegetarian/vegan, please mark your name with a v so we know how much tofurkey to get
- NB: Eggs are vegetarian. Food with eggs is vegetarian but not vegan.
Organization tips can be found at EastieThanksgiving/Organization (Courtesy of JamesBrown)
People Attending East Thanksgiving (Add yo' bad selves)
Requested Food Items
- Main Course
- Turkey ---as a note these needs to be purchased this weekend so that they can defrost in time
- Cranberry Sauce
Assigned Food Items
- Main Course
- Tofurkey (with giblet gravy) (vegan) - LizSarapata x2
- Turkey - DevonStork - I need help with this sucker. (SarahScheffler will help you with this sucker. :) ) Also an oven.
- Turkey - Doesn't seem like we have enough attendance to merit multiple turkeys?
- Turkey -
- Gravy -
- Add sides that you will prepare (along with your name)
- Kale salad with a maple-balsamic vinaigrette, toasted hazelnuts and red grape halves - LizSarapata
- Mashed Potatoes (vegan version?) - SarahScheffler - I need a stove.
- Mashed Potatoes - AkhilBagaria?
- Mashed Potatoes - Won Kyoung Park
- Stuffing (vegan) - SarahScheffler - Still need a stove.
- Green bean casserole (vegetarian) - SarahScheffler - An oven would be great. I *might* be able to make it on a stove.
- Green Bean Casserole - Carola Purser
- Bean Salad - Katarina Hoeger
- Pickeled Asparagus - Miranda Thompson
- Jellied Cranberry - MaryEliseElam
- Sweet Potatoes (vegan) - MaryEliseElam
- Sweet Potatoes - John Wentworth
- Lefse (Norwegian Flatbread) - Karen Beaty
- Rolls - ScottRayermann?
- Garlic Butter - ScottRayermann?
- Tomato Soup - Scott Rayermann
- Add desserts (along with your name). Suggestions include cookies or pie.
- Vegan chocolate cake - LizSarapata
- Chocolate covered strawberries - LizSarapata
- Pumpkin Pie Cake (vegetarian) MaryEliseElam (need oven/kitchen access)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake (vegetarian; contains egg) - Emma Van Burns
- Pumpkin Pie & whipped cream - Laura Maguire
- Pumpkin Bread - Miranda Thompson
- Vanilla Ice Cream - John Wentworth
- Vanilla Ice Cream - Emma Van Burns
- "A huge cake" - Joyce Yang
- Trader Joe's apple cider
- Milk (skim, 2%, and whole) -- SarahScheffler
Dinner will be at 5:00 pm in Sontag Lounge
Unassigned People Who Want to Help
- HelenWoodward (Sarah, how are you making all this food)
- DavidScott - someone tell me something to make, I'll do it. I just can't come up with ideas.
- GregKronmiller? - Assume I can't make a dish myself, but I'm happy to help others with whatever they're doing. SarahScheffler, do you want a hand with some of the things you're doing?
- McSwiggen - I will buy any stuff that doesn't need preparation and am willing to assist with other things.
- JessicaStringham - I have a kitchen
- VivianSteyert - probably shouldn't help prepare food since I am a bit ill, but willing to provide moral support or whatever
People Who Have Borrowable Cooking Supplies
- Griddle and Burner with Pots and pans, also cool cooking gadgets. See me before Wednesday 1pm. --MorganLuckey
- BORROWABLE DISHWASHER?:
- KNIVES --DavidScott
- Pans, pots, knives, mixing bowls, cooling racks (just try stopping by; I have all of Sontag's Proctor Kitchen supplies) (Sontag 206)
People Who Have Borrowable Kitchens
In general, make SURE kitchens are clean and have nothing missing after use.
- If you have a kitchen, list location and your name (ex: Sontag 301, under authorization of Momar)
- LizSarapata (Atwood 3.14159265358979) (no oven)
- JessicaStringham (Sontag 201, but other folk might be planning to use it) (oven)
- ScottRayermann? (Sontag 206, --I also have access to a second suite and kitchen) (oven, stovetop)
People Who Can Donate Fridge Space