Every year, FreshMen
have to take Hum1
in their first semester as part of the HarveyMudd?
is a writing seminar class in which frosh have to write three HumPapers
(one of which is a research paper), which usually results in the first significant SleepDep
experiences for the frosh. There are several different flavors of Hum1
, each focusing on different subjects.
For 2006, the offerings are:
- Graphic Literature (ProfessorCorder?)
- Looking for Shakespeare: Text and Performance (ProfessorDadabhoy?)
- The Social Life of Things (ProfessorDeLaet)
- Building Community (ProfessorMashek)
- I do not want to see how she makes this writing intensive enough to be a Hum1... Somehow I don't think reflection papers are going to cut it... -SarahFletcher
- Reading the News (ProfessorMayeri? and ProfessorGroves)
- No Remorse (ProfessorMcKinney?)
- Why Work? Labor and the Creation of Identity (ProfessorSullivan?)
- Education and Social Change (ProfessorTirres?)
- Autonomy and Authority (ProfessorWright)
Wow...no basic Literature type class this year...ProfessorGeaghan should have stayed...
Also, this is living proof that those professor evaluations actually work, since Prof. Alves is no longer teaching Hum1 (frosh, be thankful)...
- What, permanently? The HumDepartment seems to rotate the profs that teach Hum1; not all of them teach it each year.