Humans versus Zombies at the Claremont Colleges.
Basically, a big giant game of tag involving NerfGuns? and brains-hungry people.
- Occurs one week every semester.
- Almost everywhere outside is considered "in play" except for traffic areas, locations near academic lectures, and stairs.
- Colored bandanas are worn on the head if playing zombie or the arm if playing human.
- If you play all 8 semesters, you can Collect Them All™
- There's usually some pretty cool story/lore associated with it. Sometimes there's fanfiction. Or fan art.
- Ask your local Easties about Banana Squad, sleeping in the LibraComplex?, the Witching Hour Quest, and other strange occurances that can only be blamed on HvZ.
For the purpose of this section, the phrase "Safe Zone rules" (regarding zombies) means that zombies are stunned while in (and for 2 minutes after leaving) a Safe Zone.
1. Don't Be A Jerk
- Seriously. The game is supposed to be fun. Respect other players, their property, and the rules of the game.
2. Tags: humans use NerfGuns? or socks, zombies use 1-hand touch.
- If there is a reasonable dispute about a tag, the human gets to go free.
- "This is an unforgiving game; there will always be another zombie, but humans only get 1 life." –Tyler Lamon
- Repeated disputes involving the same human will be reviewed by the moderators to determine if the tie-breaker rule is being abused.
- Humans are turned into zombies with a 10 minute stun timer if tagged by a zombie.
- If a zombie is tagged, he is stunned for 10 minutes.
3. Safe zones: humans can't be tagged while in them, zombies incur stuns while in them.
- Humans can fire from Safe Zones.
- Zombies can stalk Safe Zones, but should obey general safety rules in avoiding doors.
4. Zombie Respawning: 10 minutes stun timer after a dart or sock stun, 3 minutes stun timer after leaving a Safe Zone
- Stuns do not "stack" - zombie stun timers cannot increase in any way due to dart or sock tags.
- Stuns only "reset" in one circumstance - a zombie must be stunned for at least two minutes when exiting a Safe Zone.
5. Armbands / Headbands: This is how we identify who is playing the game.
- Humans wear a colored armband to signify that they are human. Humans must wear their armbands at all times. Breaking this rule after the first day may be punished by zombification.
- Zombies wear a colored headband to signify that they are zombies. Zombies must lower their headbands to rest around their necks when stunned. Zombies may remove their headbands at any time (which allows them to use wheeled vehicles), but may not tag anyone - they are considered to be obeying Safe Zone rules.
6. No Play Zones: Any location where there is the risk of physical damage to players (e.g.: streets).
- Play cannot occur in No Play Zones
- Repeated exploitation of the NPZ to avoid being tagged WILL result in a ban from the game.
8. Vehicles and Wheeled Transport: Don't abuse it, or wheeled transport may be prohibited, and we will all be sad.
- Players may only use wheeled transport if they have a class or similar event which it is unfeasible to get to without wheels.
- Just email the mods and let them know you'll be on wheels. Thanks guys.
9. Dealing with Rulebreaking
- Offenders will be warned of the offense, directed to the rules, and informed of the reasoning behind the rules.
- They will also be warned that repeat offenses may result in harsher punishments not excluding a ban from the game.
- can include the holler zombie, who has had a short time where they may or may not be hollering the script of the bee movie (thank you AndreaChen)
- also turret
- kites are things
- noodles are things
- bone shields are things
Current East Affiliated Moderators (as of Spring 2022)
Dead Moderators (w/ Funwiki Pages)