I have left HMC...I probably won't be coming back. I'll be going home to Philadelphia and working for a few months in research labs. After that, I'm not quite sure. I might stop by campus early next semester. At some point I will leverage to internet to broadcast what I am doing with my life to interested parties; I will likely post a link to that interweb lever here. There are a lot of reasons I left, but the bottom line is that academically, Mudd (college?) is not the right fit for me. I still love you all and will stay in touch.
As per keeping in touch, I am facebook-able and email-able (email@example.com). Let's talk about the revolution and stuff. (Or, ya know, computational biology, biophysics, computational chemistry, Mudd, the meaning of life.)
I debated announcing this publicly, but (1) I'd rather not put the burden of explaining things on my friends here who already know, (2) I'd rather there be an official story than hear say and (3) I'd rather everyone hear it right from me.
Jacob Robert Peacock has become emburdened with many names:
- Peter (Pre-1993), Considered briefly by parents but the alliterative Peter Peacock was a deal breaker
- Jacob Robert Peacock (1993-present), official legal name
- Jake (1993-present), a quickly adopted nickname for the thing that cried every night for months on end
- Jacobie (2004-2007), adopted by a sixth grade teacher
- Jay Cob (2005-2007), adopted by peers
- Cobster-the-mobster (2006-2007), a corruption of Jay Cob
- Captain Enthalpy (2010), dubbed by older classmates in AP Chem; had a side-kick named Kelvin
- Robert, and Jacob as a nickname (Summer 2011), a mistake in the HMC student handbook lists me as Robert "Jacob" Peacock
- Peacock (2011-present), adopted on my first day at Mudd because people thought Peacock was cool
- P'Cock (2011-present), a corruption of Peacock
- Single-Frosh and Forever-Alone (2011-2012), dubbed because I got my now-beloved Lounge Troll by chance
- Pcockula (2011-2012), some FMM...certain parties in the dorm are familiar with this name
Jacob Robert Peacock has also become emburdened with many majors:
- Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, all through high school
- Something-or-another, Freshman Year
- Physics!, Sophomore Year
- Not physics, Fall Junior Year
- Mathematical and Computational Biology, Spring Junior Year
As per humanities concentration, I took this great History of Gardens class at Scripps and decided that art history of things-that-are-not-2D-paintings is for me. One time, I wanted to be a linguistics concentration. Then I took Intro...
A class-of--2015 frosh with ma-ny nick-names; Peacock, was an; well--known peeriodict--traveler; seeking out travel--- destinations re-lating too chemical-elements; like'+ BoronCalifornia; In 2011-2012) he lived into LoungeTroll; as Peacock waz mean; ;not un-un-pleasant and an tea-social; butwas actually;just an extraordinarily lucky---;--;frosh whom got a sin gull buy chance; he luvs grMMAR very good<333;
—PaNts on JacobPeacock
My accomplishments in my Mudd career include:
- Final student admitted to the ClassOf2015?, by the good graces of JamesWhite.
- Bought the EastShoppingCart at DormAuction.
- Conceived the frosh trip to BoronCalifornia
- Consumed CheapRedWine
- First East Frosh to join NakedCouch
- Participated in the first bro-down. Got Bro'ed down. Bro.
- Entered the PanCock and AllCock relationships
- Playing Nomic
- Leading JugglingClub?
- Consumed CheapRedWine
- World-wide authority on the history of dashes
- Taking a LeaveOfAbsence?
- Uncovering the ToasterOvenConspiracy
- Travelling Europe (The Netherlands, England, France, Spain, Italy, Hungary, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium)
- Achieving a purity score of 42.0 (Spring 2014)
- Developed numerous WaysToPissOffDavidScott
- Leaving half-way through Spring 2014 semester to...ahh...yea...ah...do stuff. He probably won't be back though...):