Whoa, cool! Another Marissa! (And she spells her name the right way!)
- A warning: Marissa often writes about herself in the third person, but then switches back to the first person sometimes. Let confusion and chaos ensue!
- We have become aware of the fact that it is much more amusing to speak in the first person plural all the time. Thank you, DavidLapayowker.
- You find it fun to speak in second person. Doesn't the reader agree?
- Oh, yes, we agree...
- YourMom agrees, as well.
Not much to say. Except when talking. Roommate is AliLee. <evil laughter>. This will make it much easier to plan more adventures...
Got the privilege of reading the PurityTest over fall break last year. Fun times.
Is good at starting random traditions.
Started the tradition of SkirtDay with MorganConbere and MikeBuchanan. Funny story. One day early in her first semester, Marissa was wearing a skirt and walked into the lounge. Morgan was there, and upon seeing her wearing her skirt immediately began complaining that everyone that day was wearing a skirt. He asked her, "What, is this some sort of female conspiracy or something?" Marissa was caught slightly off guard by this sudden question, but Mike came to her rescue by saying, "Yes, didn't you know? It's SkirtDay. They all planned it out in the bathroom together. You know, that's the reason girls always go to the bathroom together." At this point Marissa piped back in and said, "No, no. SkirtDay isn't today; it's this Friday." And so it was.
Also started the tradition of the CthulhuSheep, to the annoyance of many people and the vast amusement of others.
Plans on having one (I suppose it would actually be two...) crazy major: Biochem/CS! Woohoo! This sounds like it's going to be FunAndEasy.
- What? She gets to do this and no one complains? Why am I crazy for a double major? No justice in the world....
- Think of a silly frosh who wants to double major including engineering...ring any bells?
- Because Engineering IS a Double Major, SillyFrosh
- And the Japanese concentration doesn't help things.
- Actually, after going over a schedule Marissa has discovered that this major isn't actually possible. So she's now just going for biochem with a bunch of CS classes on the side, plus a concentration in music.
Has sold her soul to both choir and CS. They get to fight over it between themselves.
Marissa co-DMed the unnamed 3.5 campaign (D&D) with AliLee. (Byloff rocks! Sorry, Ben).
Lots of funny stories have sprung off of that...
But we can get to those later.
Because of the DMing, she is often accused of being sweet, friendly, and innocent on the exterior, but twisted and evil on the inside.
Is currently DMing an unnamed desert-set 3.5 campaign.
Many interesting stories have also come off of this, though not quite so crazy as last year's campaign.
Loves playing the ITR Games, but really regrets the fact that she sometimes can't make it through the entire night.
- Ooh! Finally got a chance to play something else! So you all that wanted to follow me because you think I'm safe, now you know better! <more evil laughter here>
She is offering *absolutely nothing* for anyone who can think up a joke she hasn't already heard about her last name. Update: Marissa now owes KevinOelze five dollars because he actually did think up a new joke about her last name. However, this joke will not be shared here. Ever.
writing haiku. She spent almost all of her time in AP Chem having haiku conversations with her friend. Here are some of her favorites:
In seventeen syllables
Is very diffi--
Writing a haiku
About writing a haiku
Is rather pointless.
Oh, wanna have fun?
We could always write haiku!
Oh, wait. This was one.
Cooking fish while catching them!
--Randen, one of Marissa's high-school friends, in an inspired moment during one AP chem period
Is also planning to take over the world with a Super Cyborg Ninja Monkey Pirate army.
- Let it be noted that she wishes to use Researcher Super Cyborg Ninja Monkey Pirates programmed in Prolog so she doesn't have to think about physics anymore. Woohoo! --Marissa
- The advantages of taking over the world...
Take a look at the world's best ProfessorGeaghan
quotes! Every day (Fall '05), Marissa can be seen waiting with a pencil poised to take down the best things he says. As a note, none
of these are taken out of context. ProfessorGeaghan
is just that awesome.
Also, would really appreciate it if someone would please help think up anagrams for the full name (Marissa Anne Quitt). The presence of the letter Q in the last name has always been cool, but annoying for anagrams.
- Yay for the [Internet Anagram Server]!
- Yay for already knowing about it, and spending the previous couple hours in hum class scouring its results for some decent ones! Here are some I found:
- MARINES AIN'T SQUAT
- This one isn't bad, given her well-known predilection for going gorge in NS.
- INSTANT QUASI-REAM
- MEAN ARTISANS QUIT
- IT'S QUARANTINE SAM
- ANTIQUARIAN STEMS
- This one wins, mostly because of the word "antiquarian." Awesome.
- AREA MAN QUITS NITS
- MARTIAN'S ANTIQUES
- SANE MARTIANS QUIT
- STAMINA QUEST: IRAN
- ASIANS RAM QUINTET
- IT'S QUANTA SEMINAR
- MINARET QUITS NASA
- SIMIAN QUASAR TENT
- But this one gets a very close second, just for the sheer humor of it.
- "A cow is much more massive than a cow"
- Note that this makes sense, as I was talking about a spherical cow. --Marissa
- "Look at this! My code is so ugly I don't have bugs, I have mistakes!"
- "I hate you, thermodynamics! Ironically enough, it can die in a fire."
- "Play the game, play the game, play the game!" --Marissa, who wasn't talking about TheGame, and didn't lose after saying it
- "Yes, Pico, I'm a penis."
- "Does F, in fact, equal ma?"