was a senior at HarveyMuddCollege
. Before that, he was a junior, a sophomore, and a FrOsh
. Some people will debate the truth of that last one. In 2004 he GrAduate
d, and is currently in GradSchool
at UCSD studying ComputerScience
Current Contact Information:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- XMPP (a.k.a. Jabber or Google Chat): firstname.lastname@example.org
During his FrOsh year, he placed out of insane numbers of classes, and did unhealthy things such as taking PhysicalChemistry (see PchemFrosh). This resulted in a large number of ShoweRings. He used to count these (and in his SophoMore year had a map of where he had been showered), but such records have inevitably not been kept up to date. See the end of this page for some records.
MichaelVrable was officially a JointMajor, though really more like a MathMajor and ComputerScience major combination, with part of a PhysicsMajor thrown in for good measure. As might be inferred from this, he likes many different subjects and takes classes from many majors. It is also reasonable to assume that he must like pain and suffering, since he takes far too many units each semester and willingly wakes up early every morning. He feels like slacker during his senior year for taking too few classes.
KeeperOfTheWiki during his junior and senior years. One of the 2002-2003 EastDormPresidents. Also the 2003-2004 East DormTreasurer. During the 2002-2004 school years, he served in the role of "Orwellian Oppressor of the Masses" (students-l moderator).
He lived in EastDorm happily for three years. In his FreshMan year, he was inexplicably placed into WestDorm, but spent much time in East anyway.
He responds well to the name "Vrable". Many people claim he has no other name. He does not measure up to TheBrubeck's level, but perhaps someday he will acquire an article in front of his name.
- A Vrable?
- I prefer "an Vrable." It's still an indefinite article, but "an" has the extra cachet of being somewhat rare. Being misused only adds to the effect. --TheBrubeck
- And let's not forget that AnVrable? is also a valid WikiName.
- Perfect fix: eigAnVrable? as it is a WikiName, vaguely resembles the computer name, and could easily become a HistoricTypo (though intentional != typo). Also suggests the verb 'to eig' which is clearly a GoodIdea.
Proud to be numbered among the members of FroshCloneSuite. Whether he is a real member of that group, however, is a complex issue.
Along with EdMiller, he constitutes "yes".
Interests: SwingDancing, UniCycle?s, SlideRules, JugGling?, VrableBall.
Past Rooms: West 466, East 109, East 125, East 122
Hey, welcome to this strongly connected component, SandiaPeople.
ShoweRing counts (out-of-date):
- Greatest number of consecutive showerings: 7
- People who have SoloShowered? MichaelVrable (feel free to add yourself to the list [but only if you've actually SoloShowered? him--no cheating]):
Feel free to leave something to say on Michael's WhiteBoard:
- What's a Dry ShoweRing??
- After not wanting to be showered for high-scoring some random sophomore test, MattMacauley dragged me into a shower and told me I was wet, but didn't feel the need to prove that he really could get me wet.
The WhiteBoard outside Michael's room has also been home to many GoodIdeas, such as:
- Vrable: Taking the "AI" out of "variable" for damn near 20 years.
- (Now "slightly over 22 years". I feel old. OlderThanDirt?. --MichaelVrable)
- Ack! 23!
- Ummm...I'll stop counting now.
- "It's not a fishbowl...it's a VraBowl?!"
"Theoretically, if we can get Margaret Thatcher in a pool, we can prove anything." --MichaelVrable
RichardGarfinkel: In a word, that's DamnSpiffy?. Well, actually that's two words...
Michael Vrable: In a WikiWord??
It should be noted that Vrable has spent Christmas Day tinkering with FunWiki
. It should also be noted that I spent Christmas Day looking at RecentChanges
- I was too busy fiddling with my new mp3 player. That and seeing LoTR?. --AdamField