Page for information about throwing parties on-campus. I don't want to get too specific to things like Funball, just in general what needs to be done.
- You will need to get an Event Registration form from Dean Chris. It has easy fields like time and date.
- If you're a party sponsor, you have the responsibility for making sure that nothing illegal happens, and that the party gets cleaned up afterwards.
- If there will be alcohol, you'll need to find a 21-year-old sponsor to fill the form out for you. This sponsor will need to stay at the party and be sober the whole time. They also have the same responsibilities as normal sponsors.
- Dean Chris and Social really like us, because we throw non-alcoholic parties and we clean up after ourselves. Thus it's important to maintain the second point there. It also means that you shouldn't be afraid to ask both parties for funding.
- Really low-key; the form is pretty much it, in terms of what you need to do.
- Beverage amounts vary by number of people. Living room party usually requires 5ish gallons of liquid
- Email announcement should go out 3 days before event
Mudd / Scripps
Remaining questions: Reserving bouncy castle should be done when? When do we get security? When do we register the party
- Timeline depends on what you need done.
- We use "Jump Connection" www.jumpconnection.com for the bouncy castle/cotton candy
- Shopping for beverage and food can be done any time before the party, keep in mind that ice cream melts, so you'll need a freezer. We usually use Smart&Final.
- Playlist: start working on these early, they take longer than you'd think. Ask for requests at least 3 weeks in advance of when you'll actually be making playlist (if possible)
- These tend to turn out best if you have several people with different musical tastes listening in - you end up with a more balanced playlist
- Get posters printed at Kinkos, and put them up around Monday for a Friday party
- The day before the party, send out an email requesting that people move bikes/clean up the lounge and courtyard
- Party setup should be started at least 4 hours before the party - get everyone to help. Make sure to check sound
- You'll need to get security.