A classic prank is to print spoofs of posters that appear around campus. Among these are (in roughly chronological order):
- Replacing the Teach for America LEAD table tents with table tents encouraging applicants to change their world by eating paint chips (with LEAD) in them.
- Reprinting posters about sleep-dep, with every instance of the word "sleep" changed to "sheep".
- Making a poster advertising the fictional web site www.CollegeChicksEasy?.com, parodying similar posters which advertised for www.CollegeBooksEasy?.com.
- Making a "Be A Responsible Gamer" table tent based on previously circulated "Be A Responsible Drinker" tents. Facts like "80% of Claremont College students have never missed class due to drinking" were changed to "20% of Claremont College students have never missed class due to video games"
- Parodying "Students take over Admin building, lock themselves inside for 2 days" with "HMC lock themselves in Galileo McAlister? for 2 hours (coincidently during the last frosh chem & physics lectures)...the administration sent in profs to bore the students...ploy worked, many students fell asleep..."
- Prof's posters mocking Door locking policy. (what were the quotes exactly? 'Terrorists don't read this' or the like?)
- I believe it was "Attention Terrorists: Please do not read this sign."
- I heard it was "Attention Terrorists: Please do not read the other signs on this door." But I could be wrong
- If memory serves (as it may or may not), ProfessorEckert had a hand in posters like that. Separate but related was MarshallPierce's posters of TerroristMan?, who found himself incapable of finding the alleged North Door to Sprague.