<--- to run awaaaaaaay
aka Spellman23 on gaming things
"You know what I love about East? You can be yourself. It doesn't matter how weird you are, you can always find someone else weirder."
Working for Intel at Folsom on Solid-State Memory in 20nm. Yay positive income.
Originally heralding from Hacienda Heights, CA. Somehow was really good at most things and picked them up quickly, but is never the best. In retrospect, it's probably what makes me apathetic about grades. Also teased for most of his life or an outcast, as a result has a very high tolerance of annoying people. What can I say, I like to look on the brighter side of things.
Currently a GRADUATED psychotic moronic member of Class of 2009 who was around the 50% of the class. Oh, and sold his soul to the Registrar to be an EngineeringMajor.
Completed a Masters Degree (GradSchool) in Computer Engineering at UC Davis (2009-2011). Living with MichaelBraly. Waited 10 weeks for the 2nd revision to his TheSis from his professor. Ask about it and he will complain loudly.
- almost anything anyone else finds exciting???
- Computer/board/card games
- Figuring out how a magic trick is done
- Ultimate frisbee
- Game Design
- Random stupidly funny things (yay internet).
Roommates and Living Quarters
- 2005-2006: MatthewLawson, East 116
- 2006 SummerMath: AkashRakholia Atwood
- 2006-2007: MatthewLawson, East 101
- 2007 Summer: South Single (and a long walk to Sontag where all the cool kids lived)
- 2007-2008: East 177 Single
- 2008-2009: East 174 Single
- 2009-2011: UC Davis with MichaelBraly
- 2011-2014: Folsom, CA
- 2014-: Rancho Cordova, CA
Game Stuff (find spellman23 on Steam to play!):
- Total War: Shogun 2
- DotA? / HeroesofNewerth? / LeagueofLegends?
- Lots of Indie Games
- Oh no... YPP. -A recovering addict
- being an awesome comm for NS
- Civ4? Beyond the Sword (i.e. crack of the purest time suck)
- plus Fall from Heaven is amazing
- L4D and L4D2
- StarCraft 2
- finally beat campaign on 10/16/10. Lateness due to other more pressing concerns like Research.
Random Wall of Accomplishments
- Initiator of the term PGOK, or PrettyGoodOkay, a term used to describe functionality.
- Participated in the FnordCompletionRun.
- Participated in the LOTRaThon of 2010
- Eastmas 2007 got "Ignorance is Bliss" and "Dorm gel", a Clueless Ct. sign and gel candle.
- Initiator of the 24HourCrack event held over Spring Break '07. And '08. And '09.
- An Original Founder of GameSHMC. Along with several individuals like DavidLapayowker and PeterMawhorter. This was partly to help facilitate an official office for people to negotiate with when mediating gaming events between organizers and those in authority who require liability. Other part was to get ASHMC money to make a game library for all to use. Turns out both parts worked really well.
- Got highest score of the males of those who participated in the East Dorm Purity Test @ 10:30, Friday Oct. 14, 2005
- Still has a pretty darn high Purity Score (~94 at Fall 08 test)
- Has increased gaming time by two-fold @ Mudd
- Can quote most of the Star Wars Trilogy lines
- Still single, and has never had a girlfriend yet (last update: 10/09/2010).
- now false since early 2014
- obviously very concerned about something called "passing Hum"
- Half-Japanese, Half Chinese
- One of the few who sees the usefulness of MatLab.
- Granted, upon learning more languages, its usefulness is still maintained, just for a very small set of problems. Mostly dealing with Linear Algebra. After all, if all else fails C++ can probably do it.
- Claremont Colleges Sustainability Audit (summer 2007)
- Raytheon Clinic Team (16 signal layers ftl!)
- CornerTurn? (worked on over 8 different projects) (summer 2008)
- Intel Clinic Team (08-09) with MichaelBraly ('09), LollySimoni? ('09), JulienMassas? (French), and NathanJones? ('10) under ProfessorDMHarris
- A Friendly Shop Proctor (07-09)
- doesn't give answers for free so you can learn how to be awesome too
- Tour Guide (one of the last of a dying breed)
- Blogger for Admissions (archived here: http://spellmansays.blogspot.com/)
- yay for no censorship and free link on admission website
- Intrinsity in Texas (summer 2009)
- UC Davis TA (fall 09-spring 11)
- Puts in way more hours than he probably should
- If you ever need advice on how to be a good TA, ask me. I've learned quite a lot through the years.
- Intel as a Product Engineer in Folsom, CA (2011-present)
IRC: OctothorpeHMC as Spellman