Well, this could be taken literally, but it is usually meant metaphorically. It refers to someone who has been left confused and hurt from prior damaging relationships. Wounded puppies tend to have a lot of confusing and unexpected quirks.
There are a lot of them out there. You (yes the one reading this), whoever you are, you're probably one too.
- I'm a wounded puppy. I will never again be able to write a HumPaper after tonight due to the emotional trauma that JohnWalseth has caused me. --SeemaPatel
- I'm a wounded puppy. I will never be able to date someone who is the best SuperSmashBrothers player again after the 2+ years of emotional trauma that JohnWalseth has caused me. --KimEspinoza
- I'm a wounded puppy. I will never ever ever be able to waste tons of money on long distance bills and shipping charges and waste my entire life away in front of my computer 24 hours a day after the 8 months of emotional trauma that someone else caused me, but I will blame on JohnWalseth. --KurtDresner
- I'm not a wounded puppy, but there is a finite chance that JohnWalseth will cause me emotional trouble in the future. --AlexBobbs
WoundedPuppies aren't much fun, either...
...but they're definitely better than DeadPuppies.
- DeadPuppies [aren't much fun], after all. Yes, I have a feeling the people who created and added to this page got the reference, but it's possible other won't, and it's a great song.
At least you can put DeadPuppies in stew...
You can do that with WoundedPuppies too... and they tend to be less decayed. Sure, they make little yipping noises, but it's stew! Yum!
If you put non-WoundedPuppies in stew, you would probably end up first with WoundedPuppies, and then with DeadPuppies. Three for the price of one! But you only get one at once, unless you add more.
Well, of course you should add them one at a time! That way the other puppies get the wonderful sense of anticipation.
Nonono. Kentucky Fried Fox shouldn't be eaten with the fingers. The fingers should be eaten separately (if you think this makes no sense, you might look at RogueletsAbc).