- Read pages. Follow links from page to page. Click on a page's title to see other pages that mention it.
- Add a page by clicking on the "?" after a NewWikiName (please leave this one as illustration). Before you do this, read the guidelines below!
- You can mark your work as a "minor edit." Use this when no one will want to reread the page just because of the changes. See MinorEdit for more specific guidelines.
Guidelines for adding pages:
- Please, don't make new pages without a good reason. Make a new page when you really have something to say. Remember, NearlyEmptyPages become obstacles to browsing.
- If you think a WikiName should exist but you aren't ready to write a page about it, just leave the name in place with a ?. You can come back to it later. Often someone will have done the work for you.
- This does not mean that you should replace every instance of said word with a WikiNamed version. If you have the time to do that, you have the time to write a page about it.
- Once a WikiName has been created, it can never be destroyed completely. Think before you create. As they say on the original wiki, Content comes and goes, but UgLy is forever.
- This actually isn't quite true--it is possible to delete Wiki pages now. Only the wiki administrator can do so, however. Let him/her know if a page needs to be deleted. Still follow the rule of "Think before you create", though.
- Don't make your WikiName plural. It is often possible to pluralize WikiNames by adding letters. It is rarely possible to singularize a WikiNames in the same manner.
Tips for editing pages: