- A Comprehensive Online Database of Machine-Readable Leadsheets for Jazz StandardsInternational Society for Music Information Retrieval (2013)
- Satisficing goals and methods in human-machine
music improvisations: Experiments with Dory, by Stefano Kalonaris, Journal of Creative Music Systems, 2(2), March 2018.
- Musical Virtuosity and Creativity, by Francois Pachet, in J. McCormack, M. d'Inverno (eds.), Computers and Creativity, DOI 10.1007/978-3-642-31727-9_5, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg (2012).
- How jazz musicians improvise: The central role of auditory and motor patterns, by Martin Norgaard. Music Perception. 31(3),
271-287 (2014). DOI: 10.1525/mp.2014.31.3.271.
- The Lost Art of Improvisation: Teaching Improvisation to Classical Pianists, by Kevin Daniel Woosley, University of Alabama, 2012.
- AI Methods in Algorithmic Composition:
A Comprehensive Survey, by Jose David Fernandez and Francisco Vico, Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research 48 (2013) 513-582.
- A Phenomenological Approach to Artificial Jazz Improvisation, by Manuel Ebert, University of Osnabruck, Germany, 2010.
- Generating a Complete Multipart Musical Composition from a Single Monophonic Melody with Functional Scaffolding by Amy K. Hoover, Paul A. Szerlip, Marie E. Norton, Trevor A. Brindle,
Zachary Merritt, and Kenneth O. Stanley, Proceedings International Conference on Computational Creativity, 2012
- Special and Gifted Eduction: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications, IGI Global, April 2016
- The Oxford Handbook of Interactive Audio, 2014
- Using Autonomous Agents to Improvise Music Compositions in Real-Time by Patrick Hutchings and Jon McCormack, in Computational Intelligence in Music, Sound, Art and Design
6th International Conference, EvoMUSART 2017, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, April 2017, Proceedings, pp 114-127.
- Machine Improvisation with Formal Specifications, by Alexandre Donze, Rafael Valle, Ilge Akkaya, Sophie Libkind, Sanjit A. Seshia, and David Wessel
- Specification Mining for Machine Improvisation with Formal Specifications, by Rafael Valle, Alexandre Donze, Daniel J. Fremont, Ilge Akkaya, Sanjit A. Seshia, Adrian Freed, David Wessel
- Recent Advances in Assistive Technologies to Support Children with Developmental Disorders, by Nava R. Silton, 2015
- An analysis of algorithmic composition interaction design with referenceto Cognitive Dimensions, by Matt Bellingham, Simon Holland, andPaul Mulholland, May 2014.
- Computational Creativity Research: Towards Creative Machines
- Control Improvisation with Application to Music
- Machine Improvisation with Formal Specifications
- Microbial Bebop: Creating Music from Complex Dynamics in Microbial Ecology
- A Microbiome Musical: Transformation of Data into Choral Music
- Stellenbosch Microbiome Musical
- Music Notation Software (Acadia University)
- Music (by Wikipedians)
- Music and Media Production on Linux
- Open Source Software List: 2016 Ultimate List
- Debian Multimedia Musician packages
- Software Recommendations (Generate random melody along a given chord progression)
- Top 10 Best Alternatives to Sibelius