Continuing the theme from EastieThanksgiving
X, for X being an integer between 5 and 12, inclusive, FunWiki
is proud to present EastieThanksgiving13
, an organizational page for EastieThanksgiving
Thanksgiving is on November 28 this year. If you are planning to attend, please add yourself to the list below. If there is some food item that you think is important for Thanksgiving, add it to the list of requested food items. If you are one of the lucky people who has the ability to prepare food, please list yourself there. If you don't think you have such skills, don't worry. We'll still find something for you to do.
Note: Historically, it's been about $8-$10 per person for EastieThanksgiving, and there are copious quantities of awesome leftovers.
- Sometimes we have funding from Dean Chris, but this year, there are no student volunteers and it is being organized by a broke grad student. If someone wants to do something about that, that would be great.
Note 2: ALLERGY WARNING -- As many of you know, there have been people in the dorm with food allergies attending EastieThanksgiving. Therefore, if your dish contains any of the following, please either keep it separate from other foods or label it, as indicated below.
- Nuts (including peanuts) -- Keep separate
- Soy -- Label
- Artificial coloring and flavoring and sweetening -- Label
- Hard Boiled Egg Yolk -- Label
- Benzoate based preservatives -- Label
Note 3: VEGETARIANS AND VEGANS -- Vegetarians and vegans are attending. Please clearly label vegetarian and vegan food as such.
- Vegan food contains no meat, fish, eggs, dairy, or gelatin, and sometimes no honey. (Honey is the 'Y' of vegan diets.)
Organization tips can be found at EastieThanksgiving/Organization (Courtesy of JamesBrown)
People Attending East Thanksgiving
Requested Food Items
Some sort of Thanksgivukkah food, such as those [here]?
we good here
- Vegetable sides
- Homemade rolls?
Assigned Food Items
- Main Course
- Tofurkey (with giblet gravy) (vegan) -- LizSarapata
- Turkey - I have a 12 pound one, but that's probably not going to be enough. I'm also making gravy. Miranda Thompson
- Turkey -- DevonStork
- Wine -- LizSarapata
- Apple cider -- LizSarapata
- Other assorted juices -- LizSarapata
- Sparkling apple cider and apple-pomegranate juice -- HannahRose & JoeyHaeck?
- Cranberry Peach and Cranberry Rasberry Juice -- Frosh Grocery Run
- Milk -- Frosh Grocery Run
Unassigned People Who Want to Help
People Who Have Borrowable Cooking Supplies
- A bunch of utensils and a dishwasher---as long as you don't cook animal products in my kitchenware, we good: LizSarapata
- South has a lot of utensils, dishes and random supplies: Alex Alves
People Who Have Borrowable Kitchens
In general, make SURE kitchens are clean and have nothing missing after use.
- CGU housing D206B: LizSarapata
- EmmaManning can provide access to some Scripps kitchen
- AllisonMis in Sontag 203. I won't be around, but there are several people who have swipe/I might be willing to leave my ID. Talk to me if you're interested.
People Who Can Donate Fridge Space
- (Please list dorm and room number)
- AllisonMis, Sontag 203-- freezer and/or bottom shelf only (or my suitemates get dibs!)
- South kitchen-- just make sure that you label the food