Chapter Two [Shadows Below]
Sun, Oct 6 2002
- We have shinies. They are less potentially earth-shattering than previously hoped. It appears the party will have to settle for potentially user-shattering artifacts instead.
- Road trip to Sacramento!
- Professor Meredith tries his hand as a courier, with Coach Rett running backup. After a spectacular setback, they start seriously considering farming the task out to FedEx?.
- While Edward and Cylene discover that the Sacramento phone book has no listings for "Magical Cults," Professor Amundsen breaks things; consternated, she decides to switch to crocheting for a while.
- Jeff is broken.
- Shoulder-biting...of Awesome!
- Sacramento, Part Deux.
- Trading daggers, bottles, and advice.
- Morpheus is a frickin' big black cobra, or something.
- Cylene and Amundsen take up the courier job. Granny needs a glass of water.
- Some people have beheld the truth. Dale should be on suicide watch.
- Michael Rett survives the Official Babylon 5 Tribute.
- When asked to formulate a plan for invading the Silver City, the party decides to go nuts instead. See also: EyeOfChaos/OdysseyOfSquirrels
- The PCs have a slumber party. Amundsen, Meredith, and Reid pull an all-nighter imbuing hats.
Mon, Oct 7 2002
- Everyone calls in sick, and more hats are made. Cylene and Amundsen learn of the inherent issues underlying rapid mindblast-assisted squirrel training.
- In a campaign that shall be ever remembered in the annals of the Primal plane, the Silver City of the White Plane is Thoroughly Squirreled. Led by the noble King Squirrel, a heroic rodentian strike force surges to the very heart of the city and sabotages its reactor, bringing the portal between the City and our world crashing closed. Reports of a band of humans accompanying the sortie are greatly exaggerated.
- The Meren Vol get eaten. (Some come back with tentacles!)
- The party spends what remains of the evening hanging out with the Ancient Illuminated Seers of Bavaria, who have somehow obtained Nervous-Breakdown-Kid. Said student finally wakes up, and decides that what he really wants is more Sleep.
Tue, Oct 8 2002
- [Steph manages to creep out most of her players with a disturbing e-mail. Victory never tasted so unsettling . . .]
- Sacramento, Part Tres. Dale's condition is worsening.
- Back at Reid's apartment, the party subjects their host to much ridicule. Rett eats chicken fingers while Meredith makes a Denny's run. The party debates the metaphysical ramifications of a hundred concentrated Hitlers, compared to the collected iniquity of New York. In other non-news, Professor Meredith has been withholding information from the party.
Wed, Oct 9 2002
- Everybody dreams the same thing. WTF, mate?
- Hitlers, it seems, have left the building. Next question: should the party be worried that a Champion of Reality is wandering in a depressed funk through random cornfields? The answer will probably not surprise you.
Continued in Chapter Three: Shadows Above (in progress)