A gaming console of the same generation as the PlayStationIi
, the XBox
, and the DreamCast?
. The Gamecube is NinTendo?
's representation in this generation. It suffers a bit from being a pure gaming console (whereas its two relevant opponents both play DVDs and do other nifty things although some of us consider the substantially lower price tag to be a more than fair trade-off
), as well as from the misperception that Nintendo only creates games for kids.
This is, quite obviously, wrong. There are plenty of adult games (e.g. the ResidentEvil? series, or EternalDarkness?) as well as plenty of games that don't feel they need to have lots of blood and gore to appeal to adult gamers (e.g. SuperSmashBrothersMelee, possibly the best party game ever created). possibly? Yeah - many people, myself possibly included, still consider the original SuperSmashBrothers to be better.--AdamField The Gamecube has a wide range of genres available; its only glaring lack is in the roleplaying area. The primary problem it has is that the PlayStationIi was able to draw on a truly massive library of PlayStation games; the Gamecube can't do the same for NintendoSixtyFour? games because of the transition from catridge to disc.
Highly Recommended Games:
- FZero GX
- Mario Kart Double Dash
- PrinceOfPersia Trilogy
- Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2
- Super Mario Sunshine
- I rented this a bit ago, and I was actually surprised at how buggy it was (falling through the middle of platforms, etc). It wasn't often enough to make it unplayable, but it was enough to be noticable. Still a fun game, though.
- That's funny, I don't think I ever had that happen in my 2 run-throughs. Then again, it's been over a year, so my memory may be betraying me.
- Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
- All the Sonic the Hedgehog Games (I'm pretty sure all of them are available at this point, now that the second compilation disk has been released)
- Resident Evil
- RE0 is also worthwhile if you're interested in more of the same concept, as is Code Veronica (if you don't have a DreamCast?), but the remake of the original is the best of the ones done in this style.
- Resident Evil 4 Awesome isn't really a strong enough word.
- Beyond Good and Evil
- Eternal Darkness
- The LegendOfZelda: The Wind Waker (way too easy, but still pretty epic in other respects)
- The LegendOfZelda: Twilight Princess
First Person Shooter:
- MetroidPrime (arguably belongs under "adventure", but meh)
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
- Timesplitters 2
- King Kong (Seriously. It's short but good.)
- SuperMonkeyBall (2 is also good, but I prefer the simplicity of the original)
- Pikmin 1 and 2
- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
- Donkey Konga