A fun movie. Neither Citizen Kane nor a Wallace and Grommit flick (but with respect to the latter, really, what is?) The stop-motion animation was spectacular, as always, and it was about as dark as childrens' movies get, which is nice, even if plot and characters weren't all too well-developed. I must disagree. The characters had a lot of personality and were great spoofs of characters from POW movies like "The Great Escape". Okay, so I'm not filmically literate enough to have caught that reference, but I did really dig on the concentration-camp setting of the chicken farm, especially the opening sequence.
- TracyvanCort thought it was well worth her time at a time when other 1.5 hour movies might have been better spent sleeping.
- AlexBobbs thought it was a cute, well-written comedy even though the plot (chickens escaping from their pen) is a bit confined and doesn't allow for many twists.
- KimEspinoza: I saw it and it was funny for the most part. The only thing that I am worried about is that Burger King is promoting the movie. Even one of their commercials supposedly said something like "save chickens, eat beef." At least, that's what I hear from my chicken friendly email list.
- CurtisVinson saw this movie under duress and thought that, while not exactly bad, it left something to be desired. The parody was good and some of the one-liners were quite funny, but AlexBobbs was right: the plot was very trite and confining. Overall, I think the Wallace and Gromit shorts were better, mainly because they were less cliched, but I guess the animators had to sell out to a more traditional Hollywood plot in order to make a movie.
- ChrisPries saw it. it was cute. nothing to shout about plot-wise. but the claymation was good. it is a nice feel-good movie.
- NateCappallo saw it and was impressed. It was probably the funniest movie of the summer, and I remembered how great the Wallace and Gromit films are when I saw this movie.
- AnneMarra saw it and loved it. Especially the lines "Captain, we got a Cling-On!" and "Captain, they're givin' it all they've got!"