This a template for making a RideShare?
page on FunWiki
so that we don't clog up EastDormSchmack
when breaks come along. It is kind of useless for unusual ride times (your uncle getting married?); for that, EastDormSchmack
is more appropriate. Here is how you use the template:
- Make a new RideShare? page. How about RideShare/NameOfBreakAndYear?, like RideShare/Winter1994?
- View the source of this page and copy the single table template (or, just copy what's between "BEGIN" and "END" and later wrap it in pre tags).
- Paste once for each table you want, and change "DESTINATION" to something like "Ontario Airport" or "Mudd" or "ToyBox?" for each table
- Copy the filler text (from the source of this page) to the top
- Email Schmack to tell us about the existence of the page
Notice that the instruction text links both to RichardBowen/RideShareTemplate and RideShare?; at least the second should be preserved, so that we can use BackLinks? to see what RideShare?s exist.
BEGIN INSTRUCTIONS TEXT
Here is a page for finding a RideShare? to the airport for the upcoming break.
- SeaKing? Ride: Look at the Cars Going table, and see if any of them fit your schedule (if they're a little late, ask them anyway; they might be able to bump up; and if they're a little early, decide the value of your time vs. cab fare....). If they do, email the driver and see if you can get in that car; once such has been arranged, one of you should add your name to that list. If there are no cars going at the appropriate time, go ahead and add yourself to the 'looking' table and check back often.
- Driver: If you have space in a car going to one of these destinations, go ahead and add yourself to the Cars Going table with the appropriate information. Then check around for folks on the Rides Desired table who might want a ride from you.
- Destination not listed?: Never fear, just go to RichardBowen/RideShareTemplate and copy over the SINGLE TABLE TEMPLATE (from the source or it might break), replacing "DESTINATION" with your destination.
- In any event, check back occasionally and keep the page current.
END INSTRUCTIONS TEXT
BEGIN SINGLE TABLE TEMPLATE
DESTINATION (Approximate transit time is: APPROXIMATE TRANSIT TIME)
Rides Desired (when adding yourself, sort by desired arrival time; remove yourself when you get a ride)
Arrive by| Date |Person
12:00 AM |Feb. 31|MoMar
Cars Going (when adding yourself, sort by arrival time):
Arrival |Arrival |Total Spaces |People with spots
Time | Date |(incl. Driver)|(Driver First)
12:01 AM|Feb. 31 |OVER NINE THOU|StumPy, VeGeta
END SINGLE TABLE TEMPLATE