This page is dedicated to the Windows version of the Pyro AI and Robotics System.
At some point, the official version of Pyro may
run under Windows out-of-the-box, and this page will disappear.
Pyro is a library, environment, gui, and set of low-level drivers to
explore AI and robotics using the Python language.
is the primary source of information on Pyro.
- Being in python, Pyro is inherently a multi-platform system. However, small
differences in how python interacts with the OS makes it difficult to have
out-of-the-box compatibility between Linux (the development OS) and Windows.
- PyroWin is simply a zipped version of Pyro 2.0.2 adjusted to run under windows.
with those system-dependent portions changed so that it runs under Windows.
- Right now, it has been tested with the Aria Pioneer Simulator (available for
Windows from ActivMedia Robotics). It
should run with real
Pioneer robots that can be controlled through Aria (though this has not been tested yet).
- There are many things yet to be ported -- most important being the
interfaces to C and C++ supporting libraries and to a more flexible simuulation
- Download the zip file of PyroWin: Pyro.zip
- The next version will simply consist of a python install script
that "patches" a Linux-based version of pyro. I hope, too, to include
a more flexible simulator. If anyone would like to make suggestions or
contribute to this effort, feel free to get in touch with Zach Dodds at