looked at several online recipes for BlueberryPie
, and extrapolated this recipe from them
2 batches of PieCrust
~1 cup sugar
~1/3 cup flour
~3.5 cups blueberries
2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
the little bit of blueberry syrup someone had given her (probably between 1/4 and 1/2 cup)
a dash of salt
1-2 tablespoons of butter
- Roll out the first PieCrust and place it in the pie pan.
- Mix flour, sugar and salt together in a big bowl.
- Add blueberries, lemon juice and syrup to the big bowl. Mix until there is no more dry flour stuff.
- Pour the mixture into the pie pan
- Chop the butter up and sprinkle it over top of the blueberry filling.
- Roll out the second batch of PieCrust. Moisten the edges of the crust already in the pan. Carefully place the second crust on top of the pie pressing firmly around the edges so that it sticks to the bottom crust. Trim any extra crust that is hanging off the side of the pan. Use a fork to "crimp the edges" by pressing it into the dough along the edges of the pan (this makes sure the top and bottom crusts are properly bonded together).
- Cut vents in the top crust so that steam can escape while the pie is baking. It is fun to cut the vents to look like the symbol pi :).
- Bake at 425 F for ~45 min or until the crust is nicely browned. A ToasterOven? works well :-)
If you let it cool before cutting it, the filling will not run as much.