currently refers to the core curriculum introduced for the Class of 2014. Changes include:
- Math courses have all been renumbered
- 1st semester: Math 15, Math 25 (Math 9, Math 11/12) - "Application and Art of Calculus", Calc/LinAl?
- 2nd semester: Math 35, Math 45 (Math 61/62, Math 13) - Prob Stats, Intro to DEs
- 3rd semester: Math 60, Math 65 (Math 14, Math 63/64) - Multivar, DEs/ LinAl? II
- FroshPhysics has been cut down to have only a half semester of SpecialRelativity?.
- Hum1 has been cut down to take up the half semester previously occupied by FetalQuantum. It is now known as Writing 1. Hum 10 is then required in second semester.
- HumDepartment requirements have been shifted to focus more on writing, eschewing the old three-category system.
- FrOsh get one elective in their first semester.
- Bio52 is now a required second-semester class.
- FrOsh need only take one lab a semester for their first three semesters (one CheMistry, one PhySics, one "choice").
Results of new core have primarily been FrOsh having spare time and interesting electives, upperclassmen bitterly reminiscing about how much more challenging core used to be, and SophoMores? getting screwed over (which tends to happen anyways, so whatever).