Chair of the HarveyMuddCollege CheMistry
Department and one of the most soporific human beings ever to walk the face of this planet.
- With the arguable exception of Prof. Keller.
Between his soothing monotone and the fact that he turns to experimental data to determine which of two equally reasonable-sounding theories is true IN LECTURE, who knows how many abysmal FroshChem
grades he can be held responsible for?
- Interestingly enough, general FrOsh consensus this year (2005) is that his FroshChem module is the least sleep-inducing of the three.
- That's because you have Karukstis teaching organic.
ProfessorDaub also was OnceUponaTime the director of the FreshmanDivision?, where he originated the horrible FireHose? analogy. ("Your first year here will be like drinking from a FireHose?.") ProfessorDaub is freakishly good at TrivialPursuit?.
- Um... I just need to point out that that phrase came directly from MIT.
- As far as I can tell, MIT, Mudd, and Caltech have all made claims to creating the analogy. The truth of the origin will probably never be known.--AlexBobbs
"So we are going to do math on the atoms...And now we are not going to do math on the atoms themselves, we are going to do math between the atoms."
"TiVo?! Back up the class!"
"But you don't know, we're supposed to laugh, and then move on."
"Okay, let's rinse this baby out right now" - referring to a flask.
"[Reaction A] is like taking candy from a baby. But [reaction B] is like taking candy from a one-year-old. No, it's like the difference between taking candy from me and taking candy from DevonStork."