A mod for QuakeIII?
featuring more realistic combat and some interesting mission mode maps.
It should be noted that many people find HaLo to be superior to TrueCombat due to better (for certain definitions of better) if admittedly less realistic gameplay. CrackInTheAC goers who haven't yet should really come give HaloNight a try sometime, you just might like it. Also, we have bigger screens (and lower resolution).
- I'm not so sure about the lower resolution thing... anyone know what kind of resolution Galileo's screens have? I'd think it would be higher than a computer monitor... they've always looked quite fine to me. And big. Especially big. Must stay on-message.
- Even if the screens in Galileo had a higher max resolution than the AC monitors (which is possible), the XBox only outputs 640 x 480, unless you're using one of those spiffy VGA adapters (please let me know if you are). Halve that for four players (320 x 240 for each player), and then see how that compares to 1024 x 768 (anybody at CrackInTheAC play at a lower resolution?) --RichardGarfinkel
- Actually, I believe that James's personal XBox does use a VGA adapter, at least I know it's not a standard one. The others we use all have the standard adapter though. However, lack of resolution has never appeared to be a problem.
- Also, what about those XBox controlers? FPS is just asking for a mouse and keyboard. --Jonathan Beall
- Mouse and keyboard is superior, but I've gotten used to the controllers and they're really quite playable. --EricBerglund
- Or a touchpad. Those work well too
- If you like, you know, sucking.