Disolphony is a word invented by MarySullivan
at the request of MicahSmukler
, to express a wordless concept that seemed to come up in his brain with a reasonable degree of regularity. It refers to the scenario in which, for whatever reason, events occur that suggest the occurence of something else; instead, however, yet a third thing happens, so the expected and the actual make "beats" with each other.
- The description of the fourth movement of the Infinity Concerto in Songs of Earth and Power, by Greg Bear.
- False rhyme: e.g. the first verse of "The Boxer", by Simon+Garfunkel.
- Returning to college in the fall, to find that people have changed over the summer.
- The theme and variations in the last movement of Eroica (in which you hear a bunch of the variations before you get to hear the entire theme).
- The StarWars TPM Soundtrack likes to do that with the Luke Skywalker theme