Collection of Math books. Borrowable. Here listed by subject...
for listing by alphabet)(Return BookCollection
<i>Books slowly but steadily migrating home as I will be graduating in a year and a half.
I am not noting which books are at school and which are at home for this page.</i>
- Eves; Newsom. The Foundations and Fundamental Concepts of Mathematics. Revised Edition. 1965.
- Hatcher, W.S. Foundations of Mathematics. 1968.
- Stoll. Sets, Logic, and Axiomatic Theories. 1961. A small book that just gives the foundation of set theory, looks like.
- Blanche, R. Axiomatics. 1962.The little book of axioms! It's like the book of calm...If you've never heard of that. good.
- Wolfe. Non-Euclidean Geometry. 1945.
- Kulczycki. Non-Euclidean Geometry. 1961.
- Adler. Modern Geometry. 1958.
- Kopal, Zdenek. Numerical Analysis "With Emphasis on the Application of Numerical Techniques to Problems of Infinitesimal Calculus in Single Variable". 1955.
- Stiefel, Eduard. Numerical Mathematics. 1963-1966.
- LeVeque, William J. Topics in Number Theory. Volumes I and II. 1956.
- Pervin, William J. Foundations of General Topology. 1964.
- Pontryagin, L.S. Foundations of Combinatorial Topology. 1952.
- Lang, Serge. Differential Manifolds. 1985.
Linear and such
- Kreider; Kuller; Ostberg; Perkins. An Introduction to Linear Analysis. 1966.
- Beaumont, Ross. Linear Algebra. 1965.
- Bowen, R; Wang, C. Introduciton to Vectors and Tensors. Volume II. 1976.
- Mccoy, N. Introduction to Modern Algebra. 1968.
- Ames. An Introduction to Abstract Algebra.
- Kurosh. Theory of Groups Volumes I & II.
- Burnside, W. Theory of Groups of Finite Order. 1911.
- Naimark. Normed Rings.
- Neuwirth, LP. Knot Groups. 1965.
- Stein, Elias M; Weiss, Guido. Introduction to Fourier Analysis on Euclidean Spaces. 1971.
- Mitrinovic, D.S. Functions of A Complex Variable. (c)1965. Currently my mousepad. No index. It deserves to be a mouse pad. Erg! No poisson's theory to hand for the Katie
- White; Tauber. Systems Analysis. 1969.
- McClellan?; Schafer; Yoder. DSP First
Turing, Automata, Machine Theory...
- Turing, A.M. Turing's Ace Report of 1946 (and other papers). ('Charles Babbage Institute Reprint Series for the History of Computing'). 1986. (at home)
- Nelson, R.J. Introduction to Automata. 1968. (at home?)
- Ginsburg, Seymour. An Introduction To Mathematical Machine Theory. 1962.
Prob, Stat, Queues, Algoriths (which really belongs somewhere else), Other Math,...
- Nelson, Edward. Radically Elementary Probability Theory. 1987.
- Chaitin, G.J. Algorithmic Information Theory. 1987.
- Becker, Martin. The Principles and Applications of Variational Methods. 1964.
- Bartlett, M.S. The Statistical Analysis of Spatial Pattern. 1975.
- Studies in Statistics
- Khintchine, A.Y. Mathematical Methods in the Theory of Queueing. 1969.
Applications: Physics etc
- Stakgold. Boundary Value Problems of Mathematical Physics. Volume I. 1967.
- Becker, Robert. Introduction to Theoretical Mechanics. 1954.
- Jackson, John David. Mathematics for Quantum Mechanics. 1962.
- Coulson, Charles. Waves. 1955.
- Rutherford, D.E. Fluid Dynamics. 1959.
- Wilcox, Calvin.Scattering Theory for Diffraction Gratings. 1984.
- Smith, Donald. Singular Perturbation Theory: An Introduction with Applications. 1985.
- Methods in Computational Physics: Volume 13: Geophysics. 1973.
Meta Math Books
- Ogilvy, C. Stanley. Tomorrow's Math: unsolved problems for the amateur. 1972.
- Lynn Arthur Steen, Editor. Two-Year College Mathematics Library Recommendations. 1992.