This is the Southern Pecan Pie ReciPie?
uses. She got it from some cookbook her mom has. It is yummy :)
- 1 (9") PieCrust
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup pecans (break them by hand, using a blade makes the pie hard)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix syrup, eggs, salt, vanilla, sugar, margarine and pecans.
- Pour mixture into PieCrust
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for 30-35 minutes
- The filling will still look soft and gooey, this is a good thing
- Allow pie to cool so that the sugar will get not melty and the filling will not run everywhere when it is served.