An epic BadIdea
created by AlanGilder
, and MattWodrich
(originally played by these four, plus IvanHernandez
(substituted by JoshOratz
after 8 hours) in a game lasting 9 hours, ending 53-51-49-9-3-0) combining Chaos Magic (as in : The Gathering) with Dominion. Chaos Magic adds in random effects, as determined by a d100 (ranging from "all creatures you control cannot be damaged this turn" to "reset all life counters to 20" to "shuffle your hand, in-play cards, and graveyard into your library and draw a new hand of 7 cards"). ChaosDominion
takes this and adds in a game of Dominion.
- The Dominion action phase is concurrent with the Magic Main 1 and Attack phases
- The Dominion buy phase is concurrent with the Magic Main 2 phase
- The Dominion cleanup phase is concurrent with the End phase
- Dominion attacks can be blocked, whereupon they turn into temporary creatures with power & toughness equal to their cost
- Dominion moneys can be played at any time during your own turn, not just at the beginning of the buy phase
- Dominion moneys add gold mana rather than treasure, but Dominion costs are in gold mana rather than treasure (therefore money can be used to pay colourless costs and, if a card allows you to add any colour mana to your pool, you can add gold mana)
- With the exception of the Magic Draw phase and the Dominion Draw phase, any time you draw you can choose to draw from either the Dominion deck or the Magic deck. Draws may not be split, but multiple draws resulting from the same play can.
- Similarly, discards can be from either game if the player is targeted rather than a specific card.
- Dominion actions count as sorceries. Reactions count as instants and, instead of being "show in response" they are "play as instant. Return to your hand after use."
- Magic sorceries and instants are actions, and therefore count toward action limits. You are only allowed to play one instant during each person's turn.
- Dominion victory cards are non-permanent lands (estates are basic lands and the rest are not) that do not yield any mana.
- The Dominion Trash is out-of-play, but Magic's exile is not trash.
- (More as we remember them)
DietrichLangenbach: Why didn't they mention Native Village mats?
KwangKetcham: That seems like a huge oversight!