is now running UseModWiki
, another clone of the WikiWikiWeb
. See UseMod:UseModWiki
for detailed information.
Changes from PhpWiki:
- We have a [Preferences] page where you can customize your view of FunWiki. One important new feature is the user name. If you enter a name for yourself (it must be a valid wiki page) then it will appear on RecentChanges next to pages you edit.
- Some of the markup has changed. Most importantly, you no longer have to use tabs for any formatting! There are other more subtle changes, so check out the updated TextFormattingRules for details.
- Searching is no longer intolerably slow! This means that you can once again view the backlinks (references to the current page) by clicking on the title at the top of the page. Try it! Now you can navigate through the wiki backwards, or see which pages have your name on them.
- Numbers can be used in WikiNames, like the new Bio52 page. Numbers are considered capital letters, and as you see it is now possible to have several capitals in a row -- except at the very beginning of a name (i.e. ITRSuite is still not a WikiName, but SuiteITR is).
- The diff feature is slightly less user-friendly. Someday maybe I'll try to port the PhpWiki diff code to UseModWiki.
- Some pages didn't get transferred from the old wiki. Please list them on MissingPages and I will fix them. I'm still trying to figure out why this happened, for now I will fix missing pages by hand.
Notes for hard-core users:
(This probably means AndrewSchoonmaker, who tended to push the featureset of PhpWiki)
Free links and subpages are turned off, as are some other more exotic capabilities (see UseMod:UseModWiki/Features for details). If you want these features available, let me know and I'll think about it.
- These have since been turned on, right? I know I've used subpages, and I've seen examples of free links in the sandbox. Which features (if any) are still not available?
Bored? Follow [this link]. It will cause FunWiki to do maintenance on its database, trimming the size and speeding things up a little. This only works once every 24 hours. Yes, this is kinda quirky.
Okay, I've been hanging around [Wikipedia] lately and I must say, it's an AWESOME wiki system. :P Probably overkill for FunWiki, but... -SeleneTan