This method worked well last year for organizing EastieThanksgiving05
, so we will use it again.
If you are planning to attend, add your name to the list of people planning to attend. If there is some food item (or items) that it just would not be Thanksgiving without, add them to the list of food items requested. If there is some Thanksgiving food that you would like to be in charge of preparing, list it under the claimed food items with your name (on Thanksgiving most everyone helps out in some way - if you do not have something you want to be in charge of you will probably eventually be recruited to help with something).
Note: Last year it ended up being ~$15 per person (and the leftovers fed us for the duration of break).
Additional Note: Dean Chris has said he will reimburse up to $150, which is rather awesome
People Attending East Thanksgiving
Menu (the people in parentheses are who I have as being in charge of the dish)
- Pie (Sarah Fletcher)
- Chocolate (AliLee)
Food Preparation Organization
- Sontag (does anyone know if we have access to any of these?)
- Coming soon... Delegation and kitchen assignments (to make life go more smoothly)
Food Items Requested
- Pies (what sorts should there be? )
Food Items Claimed
- Pies and Rolls
- SarahFletcher (if you want to help - and I am happy to teach you how - should feel free to list your name under mine)
- CornBread (I did NOT expect that node to already exist.)
- Cranberry Relish
- LeslieMallinger (does anyone know of an existing food processor? it's necessary for this dish, but I'm willing to invest in one if need be)
- The dorm has blenders that were acquired for making smoothies for FunBall? last year
- Spiced Cider
- JonathanBeall would be happy to make this, or would be quite willing to provide the appropriate spices to someone else.
- sweet potato biscuits (or similar)
People who want to be told how they can best help
- DavidLapayowker (may well burn down the kitchen)
- AliLee(good at cooking, may not have time for too much more than above stuff)
- HeatherJustice (probably won't burn down the kitchen, but makes no guarantees)
- BenJencks (I can make ciabatta, but I'm not sure how useful it would be)
- KevinOelze (I'm leaving Wednesday, but if you guys are doing any precooking or preparations that I can help with, I'd be happy to. I tend to be really good with making Pumpkin Pies, for the record, and I'm at least a competent cook in all other areas.)
- MartyField (Might be able to find some Thanksgiving-themed porn to show in my room)
- Insert obligatory "stuffed turkey" joke here
- TropicalLei will probably have a horrible joke up about it within the next week, if they don't already. ("Come stuff your turkey with us!")