This method worked well last year for organizing EastieThanksgiving05
, and EastieThanksgiving07
, so we will use it again.
If you are planning to attend, add your name to the list of people planning to attend. If there is some food item (or items) that it just would not be Thanksgiving without, add them to the list of food items requested. If there is some Thanksgiving food that you would like to be in charge of preparing, list it under the claimed food items with your name (on Thanksgiving most everyone helps out in some way - if you do not have something you want to be in charge of you will probably eventually be recruited to help with something).
Note: Last Year it ended up being about ~$8 per person, and the leftovers were tasty.
Note 2: ALLERGY WARNING -- As many of you know, there are people in the dorm with food allergies who will be attending EastieThanksgiving. Therefore if your dish contains any of the following, please either keep it separate from other foods or label it, as indicated below.
- Nuts (not peanuts) -- Keep separate
- Soy -- Label
- Artificial coloring and flavoring -- Label
Note 3: VEGETARIANS -- There are some people (where by "people" we mean "SkyeBerghel") in the dorm who are vegetarians. Please label non-vegetarian food if it
is not obvious whether or not food is vegetarian. (You don't have to label the turkey, for example, but it might be nice if you put a "not veg" label on something
vegetarian-looking if it contains, say, chicken broth.)
- You realize that this practically guarantees that there'll be a little sign in the turkey this year saying "not vegetarian"
People Attending East Thanksgiving
Food Items Requested
- Main Course
- Vegetarian Main Dish
- Depends on what people can make/would be happy making/know how to make. Veggie lasagna, tandoori peppers, pasta with some particularly nice kind of sauce, whatever. I'm already making carrots and pie, so any main course I make would have to be able to be made in advance. --SkyeBerghel
- I am planning to make a fancy layered tart as a vegetarian centerpiece. It is what I usually make for my family, as several of us our vegetarians. There is even phyllo dough involved. --SylviaRichardson?
- Side Dish
- Mashed potatoes
- Sweet potato biscuits
- Carrots (with cinnamon and so on)
- Cranberry Relish
- Cranberry Salad
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Pecan Pie
- Lemonade pie?
- Apple Pie
- Caramel chocolate cheesecake or caramel chocolate nut tart
- if you have a preference for one or the other, let it be known
Claimed Food Items
- Main Course
- Side Dish
- Pumpkin Pie (CaitlinJacques)
- Pecan Pie (AliLee)
- Lemonade Pie (SkyeBerghel)
- will require a freezer at least 24 hours in advance, so that pie can freeze properly.
- Caramel chocolate cheesecake(AliLee)
- Apple Pie (JessicaHallock?)
- Pumpkin Cake (KristineFong?, EthanSokol)
Unassigned People Who Want To Help
People Who Have Borrowable Cooking Stuffs
- SylviaRichardson? (I am a Scrippsie, so call/email to ask. 7703139485 or SRichard at scrippscollege dot edu)
- EvaSmith (access to very nice Scripps kitchens)
- JoeDeBlasio? (access to very nice Sontag kitchen)
- MatthewWodrich (access to very nice Sontag kitchen)
People Who Can Donate Fridge Space