The rules (as amended by their original author MarkEphair
and edited by PhilMiller
) of the frosh auction are as follows:
- by winning a frosh, you only get rights to say to the frosh "i won you at an auction." you can not make them do anything, or not do anything.
- you might be inclined to adopt your frosh. treat it nice.
- Swooping is a crime punishable by torment and humiliation
- maximum of one (1) frosh per person.
- you may win a frosh and then give him/her to someone else on schmack
- the following are instructions on how to win a frosh:
- pick a frosh you want to win
- take the letters of the frosh's name, and make an anagram that makes sense.
- post to schmack and say why your anagram is a good anagram for that frosh (yes, i know you haven't met the frosh yet, probably. i dont care)
- get made fun of by Kurt, Nate, John Walseth, or any current or former dorm president or proctor for something you said in your email
- after you have completed ALL of the requirements listed in #6, you have now succeeded in winning your frosh. congratulations!
- if this is your second or later frosh, please indicate to schmack to whom you grant your frosh-rights.
NOTE: these are not all east-frosh, frosh from other dorms can be auctioned
2010 Frosh Auction Results
- MattKeeter wins AlexaSerrato? with "astral exo-ear" (awarded by MatthewLawson)
- XandaSchofield wins CarlingSugarman? with "alarming car guns" and not "curling anagrams" (awarded by PiCo?)
- StephanieLevins wins MadelineGoldkamp? with “Dan milked lame G.O.P” (awarded by PhilMiller)
- SaraGussin wins JoshuaVazquez? with "jazz quash oeuv" (awarded by PhilMiller)
- JeffreyHemphill wins SamuelCGutekunst? with "sun-cut mesa, elk tug", "a glue/nut mess tuck(ed)", "at Emu’s Gluten-Suck", and “CUTE GNU, LEAST MUSK!” (awarded by PhilMiller, who doesn't know where all that extra punctuation or effort came from)
All of the following were made fun of by JohnWalseth
2009 Frosh Auction Results
- ChrisFerguson wins Cory Evans-Klock with "Skanky Clove-Roc"
- WilliamGrabill wins Trevor Apple with "Vorpal Peter"
- AlanKraut wins Xanda Schofield with "Heraldic Sand Fox" (the 'r' comes from Xandra as originally posted on the roster)
- RichardBowen wins Michael Bowerman with "Belair Ammo Wench"
- KatieBennett wins Allison Card with "A Nil Clad Sora"
2008 Frosh Auction Results
- TrystanKoch wins Natalie Nagata with "At Alien Gnat Aa"
- MarcDavidson wins Anak Yodpinyanee with "Aye, Kidnap Anyone"
- RichardBowen wins Colin O'Bryne with "Brie Only Con"
- PeterTu wins Kristen Schunter with "Cute, stern shrink"
2007 Frosh Auction Results:
- ZviEffron gets Daniel Moore with "Laid One More".
- KellyWalsh gets Madeleine Ong with "Demon Lineage".
- AndrewTaylor gets Beky Kotcon with "Toy Cokk, 'Ben'" (where he's getting the spare comma and quotation marks we may never know).
- Objections have been raised to this one about being disrespectful of the incoming frosh, as well as misspelled.
- Objections have been raised to YourMom
- BrianaKonigsberg gets Dmitri Skjorshammer with "Shirk Major Midterms".
- JayMarkello gets Kevin Yeung with "Keen Ivy Gun".
Do we have a list of the froshies for 2004-05 yet? Eek eek?
The following people have won frosh in the auction:
The following people have currently pending attempts to win frosh in the auction, but have not yet been made fun of:
The results of the 2000-2001 FroshAuction is as follows: